I have a vox AC30 cc2 and i use a TS9 to give me some dirt levels that it cant do it by itself (deep purple, led zep, guns and roses, acdc, van halen, randy roads...)

a friend of mine said yesterday that i should sell the TS9 and buy a treble booster, so i could get that type of sounds!

wtf is a treble booster? my vox ac30 with the treble all the way up becomes very very thin sounding, i think it is enough treble in that amp lol, and it has a briliance switch... i love the TS9 cuz i cant crank the amp (i cant even run it at half volume) cuz i live in a apartement, but the way he said that to me sounded like the treble booster would be the holy grail of tone lol... in fact, the TS9 with the gain all the way up and the Top boost chanel cranked can getinto metal territories ...
Hey, I use an AC30 too. The treble booster cranks your amp for you (which on a Vox AC30 sounds very muddy) and adds treble (to clear up the muddiness). It should give you this sort of tone with a strat on bridge pickup- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsUKWFkmRu0
1 2

Little solace comes
to those who grieve
as thoughts keep drifting
as walls keep shifting
and this great blue world of ours
seems a House of Leaves

My Rig
Quote by Will Swanson
HeavyReverb = Hero of The Pit 2010.
Quote by I-Shot-Jr
You sir are my absolute hero.
omg....

that is really a good tone, maybe he is right :x im really confused on how it works, but, are you shure he is using a Vox ac30? i see a marshall there, and the tone, is almost metal-like, it sounds more like a cranked plexi than a ac30 :x
for reference, listen to Brian May. He used an AC30 modded for more gain, with a treble booster in front. I personally love his lead tone.
He's using a marshall combo and a treble boosted ac30 at that gig. He used an ac30 + treble booster on their own for most of his distorted tones though which heavily influenced brian may who does the same sort of thing
1 2

Little solace comes
to those who grieve
as walls keep shifting
seems a House of Leaves

My Rig
Quote by Will Swanson
Quote by I-Shot-Jr
hum...so, treble booster plus voxac30 = almost high gain sounds ?i didnt know that brian may used treble boosters i always thought i used some kind of dist box...

tell me some good treble boosters in the marked these days, i might check them out when i can !
they just discontinued them, but i have a bbe freq boost treble booster and its great. another thing i would try is keeping the ts9, and try running them both
Quote by Soma3009
I came up with this kick ass riff on my ukelele when I was 12. Find out two years later, it was smoke on the water. Got my hopes and dreams killed..

Quote by saintjimmy99
you used the right form of "their!" i commend you sir!

Dallas Rangemaster was used by May and Gallagher and its easy enough to build a clone of it. You should be able to find the schematic of it on google. It should only cost €20-30 in parts.
1 2

Little solace comes
to those who grieve
as walls keep shifting
seems a House of Leaves

My Rig
Quote by Will Swanson
Quote by I-Shot-Jr
i really dont know how to do pedals, just guitars :x i just wanted to know some names cuz tomorrow i might go to the guitarshop and i could try some out !
Treble boosters and Vox are great together... at loud volumes. If you get a treble booster and play your AC30 at bedroom volume. It is going to be bad. The two together need to be cranked to sound good.

The name treble boost is a little misleading too. It does boost treble, but it does mids too.

If you are able to crank your amp. I'm talking Master and Volume at atleast halfway cranked. The treble booster will work. If you cannot crank the amp. Go with a distortion pedal.

Some treble boosters to look at are.
HBE Germania 44
Phoenix Custom Electronics Ranger(Ge) or Tone Master(Si)
Analogman Beano Boost
Keeley Java Boost
MJM Dallas Boost
Quote by The Real Ming
Treble boosters and Vox are great together... at loud volumes. If you get a treble booster and play your AC30 at bedroom volume. It is going to be bad. The two together need to be cranked to sound good.

The name treble boost is a little misleading too. It does boost treble, but it does mids too.

If you are able to crank your amp. I'm talking Master and Volume at atleast halfway cranked. The treble booster will work. If you cannot crank the amp. Go with a distortion pedal.

Some treble boosters to look at are.
HBE Germania 44
Phoenix Custom Electronics Ranger(Ge) or Tone Master(Si)
Analogman Beano Boost
Keeley Java Boost
MJM Dallas Boost

I like this one personally. Very crisp sounding but not harsh or ice-picky.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.