I went to Guitar Center today and bought the SG of my dreams. Epiphone SG G- 400 1966 Edition. The in-store model was amazing. I'm waiting for mine to arrive so I can start playing but either way I have 50 days to return it if I don't like it or whatever. So my question to you all is, Is there anything extremely better that I could've bought for $350?
I would have saved and bought a Gibson SG Classic, I really like the P-90's in SG's.
Gear:
-2008 Gibson Les Paul Studio Cherry Sunburst w/ Alnico Pro II
-Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401
-Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
-Blackstar HT-1 mini stack
IMO no, but then again my response is a little biased . My buddy learned to play on this guitar and when I played on it at the store I remember being fairly impressed considering the price range.
I would rather be a good liver than have one
Quote by Rcasa630
Is there anything extremely better that I could've bought for $350?

yeah. the one in the store that you tried. i personally wouldn't EVER order a guitar, since you can't play it beforehand.
I random ordered mine from the internet. It feels great, I chose to keep it instead of a wayy more expensive guitar, so that says something about it.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Well the one in store went through hell ha ha. I love SGs and was wicked surprised with the weight. It's finish was amazing too. Hopefully I get it soon because it's killing me to not play right now.
I'm in almost the same boat. I didn't get the 1966, I just got the regular vintage, but I can't have mine until Christmas. You really should have boxed the one that you played. Out of curiosity, what amp will you be running it through?
The amp I'll post tomorrow. But out of curiosity I need to know if I were to pay up to $500 what kind of guitar would be better? Staying in the Gibson/ Epiphone family. Either SG or Les Paul. Don't get me wrong, I loved the SG but someone gave me the idea to at least ask.
Yeah, those SG classics sure are good =P I like mine! Shoulda gone for that, but it's a good deal more expensive if you buy it new, so no worries.
Gear
---------
JS20S Satriani signature
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Gibson SG Classic
Randall RM100 Combo w/ Plexi, JTM, Ultra, Recto, and Brown Modules
I've heard nothing but good news about the 1966 except for something about sweat and a sticky neck. Then my friend suggested upgrading to a Les Paul and I planned on getting one someday just not now. But the idea makes me happy. But the SG is amazing! So i'm conflicted but not in a rush to make a decision. I have until Jan. 31st to return but I HIGHLY doubt I'm going to : )

Edit: My amp is an Alexan: Scorpion Pro
Last edited by Rcasa630 at Dec 7, 2009,
Problem with ordering guitars like one guitar of the exact same modle and from the exact same factory can simply play better than another.
Quote by Rcasa630
I went to Guitar Center today and bought the SG of my dreams. Epiphone SG G- 400 1966 Edition. The in-store model was amazing. I'm waiting for mine to arrive so I can start playing but either way I have 50 days to return it if I don't like it or whatever. So my question to you all is, Is there anything extremely better that I could've bought for $350?

WTF u answered ur own question ...

Pointless thread is pointless ....
Quote by icpgettozone
are you legit?
No, I'm a

COMMUNIST

Quote by Daneeka
It feels a little good inside to be fair, i feel like i rocked to hard that i killed my amp.

Quote by IdntNedUrCvlWar
I would have saved and bought a Gibson SG Classic, I really like the P-90's in SG's.

^

I only say that because that's what I did, and I love myself everyday for it.

Quote by Tatsumaru
WTF u answered ur own question ...

Pointless thread is pointless ....

Dude, don't be a dick. The kid's excited, alright? Either way, he thought it was amazing, but he wanted to know if there was something above and beyond that. At least try to help him...****ing 09'ers
Quote by danohat
An Epiphone is the Sg of your dreams?

DBZ Barchetta Eminent FR
DBZ Bolero ST
DBZ Imperial FM
DBZ Venom Matte Black
Dean '79 V
Dean '79 ML
Fender Princeton Chorus
Behringer V-Tone 2/12
Asterope Cables
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
Digitech Hardware Metal Distortion
Quote by danohat

They're his dreams aren't they?
Quote by danohat

Never said my dreams were sane or ok in any way... but anyways I'm 15 just saying. But I take that as a no so thanks for all the opinions. Except Tatsumaru
I have the guitar, it's awesome for the price. Does yours have a really thick neck, or is that just mine?
all I ever wanted was to pick apart the day
put the pieces back together my way
Quote by danohat

That's exactly what I thought.
I'm not saying the guitar's bad, I'm just saying, those aren't some very big aspirations.
Quote by smashyourguitar
do you dream about having an affair with your sister as well?

Seriously? Shut up and go to the pit. They'll just love you there.
People in the pit take my post way too seriously.

MyAnimeList
7-String Legion

If you have a question PM me and I will always get back to you.
Quote by smashyourguitar
do you dream about having an affair with your sister as well?

Squeal like a pig or get the **** out, man your choice. That's entirely inappropriate, almost report-worthy.
Quote by Rcasa630
Well the one in store went through hell ha ha. I love SGs and was wicked surprised with the weight. It's finish was amazing too. Hopefully I get it soon because it's killing me to not play right now.

you could've gotten a discount then. lol. i wouldn't get a guitar before trying it. cause not 2 guitars are made the exact same.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
The Epiphone SG is a good all rounder at an intermediate level of playing, you'll do well with it!
Nice. I always wanted a good quality SG.

Never have had the money, though...

Ah well, I'm getting one soon enough.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by Rcasa630
Never said my dreams were sane or ok in any way... but anyways I'm 15 just saying. But I take that as a no so thanks for all the opinions. Except Tatsumaru

I stand by what i said ...

U said its the guitar of ur DREAMS ... and that the instore model was "AMAZING" ...
So u go an buy it.

And now u want to know if u could have brought one thats better ... Usually its a good idea to make up ur mind before u hand over the cash ...

WTF dude ... do u even know what u are "dreaming" ??? IF its the guitar that u "dream" about then why should u care that u could get better value in some other guitar ....

Your pointless thread deserves this ...

http://images.starcraftmazter.net/4chan/for_forums/cool_story_bro.jpg
Quote by icpgettozone
are you legit?
No, I'm a

COMMUNIST

Quote by Daneeka
It feels a little good inside to be fair, i feel like i rocked to hard that i killed my amp.

The guitar I "dream" about would be a vintage 59' Les Paul but I don't see myself dropping upwards of 100 K on one of those anytime soon. But for now, the SG that I could work with more than gladly is this one. SGs and Les Pauls just suit my fancy. Next purchase might be an epi Les Paul or even a Gibson but I'm in no rush to get a new guitar already so I'm gonna be more than happy with this one =D Thanks all