Poll: Variety or one?
Poll Options
View poll results: Variety or one?
Variety
110 90%
One kind
12 10%
Voters: 122.
Do you like variety in your music or the same sound over and over?
But, I don't think any arranger should ever write a drum part for a drummer because if a drummer can't create his own Interpretation of the chart and he plays everything that's written, he becomes mechanical; he has no freedom.
~Buddy Rich~
I ONLY LISTEN TO ONE KINDA MUSIC CUZ ALL OTHER BANDS ARE RETARD oololololllololoolololololololololloolloll

VARIETY is 4 phags lolololooololllolol
Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"
I'm sure everyone one likes at least one genre of music, of course there's always a troll who will vote for only one and the poll won't be 100% truth anymore.
No muerde, no calla
Sin sangre no hay arte
Nada ni nadie
De nada más

I used to only listen to metal, then some classic rock. Now I listen to a lot of mainstream stuff too, but I'm still not a fan of country.
Quote by Zaphikh
I catch your drift TS. You're trying to make the only poll on UG that's one-sided.

Well I won't have it!

TS is OWNED.

huzzah to you, good sir
Clocks tick. Your days are numbered in low digits.
You look suspicious - suspect niggas is bitches,
Get chopped up, grade-A meat, somethin' delicious
Most people listen to a variety but I think its good to have one or two FAVORITES. Its really annoying when you ask someone what the listen to and they say "everything" or "whatever sounds good". They say they like jazz then they can't name one jazz artist.
Honeybiscuit is here.
I have a feeling some metalheads are going to get in here and vote "no."

I can't just listen to one genre. It gets pretty damn boring after a couple of days.
Quote by theonlyproof
I only listen to one Genre, thats called Good Music.
OWNED
But, I don't think any arranger should ever write a drum part for a drummer because if a drummer can't create his own Interpretation of the chart and he plays everything that's written, he becomes mechanical; he has no freedom.
~Buddy Rich~
Quote by Holy Katana
I have a feeling some metalheads are going to get in here and vote "no."

I can't just listen to one genre. It gets pretty damn boring after a couple of days.

You can go a day listening to just one genre? I commend you
Check out my punk band!!! Lizard on the Window We found a drummer and are now recording.

White Version FC: 4083 9268 4644
White 2 FC: 5372 8215 3622
3DS FC: 1676 4085 1677
Quote by barden1069
I ONLY LISTEN TO ONE KINDA MUSIC CUZ ALL OTHER BANDS ARE RETARD oololololllololoolololololololololloolloll

VARIETY is 4 phags lolololooololllolol
Fail
~Buddy Rich~
I prefer a variety of single generas with variety within those single generas
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Quote by Zaphikh
I catch your drift TS. You're trying to make the only poll on UG that's one-sided.

Well I won't have it!

This is why we can't have nice things

*awaits for Zaphikh's neatly grammar-wise structured reply with an image aligned to the center*
No muerde, no calla
Sin sangre no hay arte
Nada ni nadie
De nada más

Quote by blizzboy

There are times where I just listen to jazz (I was on a Pat Metheny kick a week ago), or just listen to classical, but not usually rock or any of its derivative genres. Or electronic music, even though that has its own genres and subgenres.
Quote by blizzboy

I've been through a whole day listening to nothing but Pinl Floyd, it's not as boring as you think.
No muerde, no calla
Sin sangre no hay arte
Nada ni nadie
De nada más

Quote by Holy Katana
There are times where I just listen to jazz (I was on a Pat Metheny kick a week ago), or just listen to classical, but not usually rock or any of its derivative genres. Or electronic music, even though that has its own genres and subgenres.

Yeah. I can go through a month and a half on 60's and 70's music (which I did in April/a bit of May) and then I got back into Death Metal. Oh music <3

Quote by slipknot5678
This isn't going to end well

Of course not. It didn't even start well.
Quote by Pagan_Poetry

Of course not. It didn't even start well.

I'm sorry. If I knew you in real life I would let you shoot me for stating the obvious.
Quote by theonlyproof
I only listen to one Genre, thats called Good Music.

You'd never know what's good or bad if you didn't listen to both. You have to listen to bad music to know it's bad. Unless you have unatural super powers that when you go searching for music in a store, you pick up an album and go "Hmmm... St. Anger...... Bad" then put it down and move on.
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
Quote by Zaphikh

...wut?

I must admit your arguement left this fellow disappointed in his expectations
#25 for top 100 UGer of 2009
UG's 2nd Funniest UGer and 3rd most likely to be a Serial Killer of 2009, 2nd of 2011
Country, Rock, Hip Hop, Reggae, Punk, Techno, Metal, Pop

There's great music and god awful music in EVERY genre
i like many genres but i do listen to a few more than most. Metal and Rock
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
I go from freefaller or soldier to run over raccoon.

My FanFiction
I mostly listen to metal, but I listen to other stuff a fair bit too, I really don't get those people who like only listen to the grimmest, kvultest and most nekrogrymaccing Black Metal possible to the exclusion of all else :S
Rock, Metal, Punk, Hip-Hop, Reggae, Pop
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Custom Shop Silverburst (Invader/'59)
-Ovation ApplauseAE44II Elite Black Acoustic

Amps/Cabs
-Peavey 6505+ Head
Orange PPC2x12 Cab Black
-Behringer Ultracoustic ACX450 1x8 Acoustic Combo

Wayyyyy too many effects pedals...
Last edited by MusicMan24 at Dec 6, 2009,
I listen to a lot of classic rock, blues, bluegrass, and country music... it all sounds somewhat similar, but oh well. People who listen to "EVRYTING LULUL" and boast about how broad their taste in music is are just as bad as the "I ONLY LISTIN TO [insert genre here] EVRYTHING ELSE SUX BAWLZ LOLOL" type people.
Quote by Diet_coke_head
I love taking a nice dip of some horse shit, so good.
All the music I listen to can be placed under the term "Cantopop" or "Chinese pop" but that genre covers some many varieties that it's not even a genre. You can find anything from shred, traditional, rock, rnb and rap under the same "genre".
The question remains, when does a song become something other than pop in this genre? It's hard to say until you really get to grips with this unique term. That being said - I love Chinese pop songs. It's so heart warming. Here are some examples of the variety offered:

容祖兒 - 你還是疼我的 (You still Love Me)
方大同 ft. 薛凱琪 - 四人遊 (4 person wandering)
蔡依林 - 独占神话 (unique myth)
蔡依林 - 许愿池的希腊少女 (The Greek Girl beside the Wishing Pond)
卓文萱 - 不说 (Don't Speak)
周杰倫 - 以父之名 (In the Name of the Father)
鄧紫棋 - 愛你 (Love You)

Everything is under this genre.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤