www.myspace.com/standbeforetherisingtide

please check us out and tell me what you think?
if you could, could you give me 3 pros, and 3 cons?

a little background info...
we're all 15 years old, with about 4 years of experience on your instruments, singer has been singing for about 8 months.
main influences are: as i lay dying, all that remains, in flames (colony era!), lamb of god, unearth, and august burns red.

we've been a band for about 5 months now.
this was free recording, not the best quality, but decent for free :P

nyways... enjoy!
if you had the guitars clearer it would sound fair sweet. all i seem to pick out are some pick squeals here and there but other than that the vocals are spot on. yous sound pretty sweet id definitely listen to yous.
Sorry man, but the music is a bit generic. The second one sounds like a note for note copy of Hammer Smashed Face by CC.

But you got ambition so keep trying. I would recommend also listening to some other genres of music other than -core.
Quote by Malchius
Sorry man, but the music is a bit generic. The second one sounds like a note for note copy of Hammer Smashed Face by CC.

But you got ambition so keep trying. I would recommend also listening to some other genres of music other than -core.

we're really working on it! ahah, it's hard to write some good original material though, because everything has been re-hashed and re-done to s***!

and yeah, that's exactly what i said to the hammer smashed face comment. my durmmers like, lol whaevz i can't think of anything else to play there.
yea, it is pretty generic... needs more BTBAM influence.

or just you need to try mixing in some other styles of music... ambience....

oh and the solo IMO is kinda lame... i mean, your a clean technical player.... but its like... what was the point? just to show that? you should try to take the listener on some sort of emotional level. fast + slow + emotive...

I like the second songs intro because its heavy, but its also generic...

the guitars have not enough presence in the mix, i would say. and the vox have too much, with that style of singing the vocals DO NOT need to stand out, they should fit nicely in the mix, probably behind the guitars... level with the drums i would say...

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1241003 c4c
High Templar of the UG Secret Society
PM SickMetal or Sanitarium24 to join.
aNOMaly
Quote by `NeXxuS`
yea, it is pretty generic... needs more BTBAM influence.

or just you need to try mixing in some other styles of music... ambience....

oh and the solo IMO is kinda lame... i mean, your a clean technical player.... but its like... what was the point? just to show that? you should try to take the listener on some sort of emotional level. fast + slow + emotive...

I like the second songs intro because its heavy, but its also generic...

the guitars have not enough presence in the mix, i would say. and the vox have too much, with that style of singing the vocals DO NOT need to stand out, they should fit nicely in the mix, probably behind the guitars... level with the drums i would say...

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1241003 c4c

any suggestions on where and how to put in btbam influence and stuff like ambience?
i listen to btbam... ALOT. i'm just not sure where to even start with them :P
Quote by metul kult
any suggestions on where and how to put in btbam influence and stuff like ambience?
i listen to btbam... ALOT. i'm just not sure where to even start with them :P

it fully depends on your ear... the one thing that BTBAM does constantly is throw in short runs to break up the riff...

because actually BTBAM has riffs that are generic but the originality really comes from the way they break it up and make it like a frankenstein riff...

crit my stuff though mang.
High Templar of the UG Secret Society
PM SickMetal or Sanitarium24 to join.
aNOMaly
Quote by `NeXxuS`
it fully depends on your ear... the one thing that BTBAM does constantly is throw in short runs to break up the riff...

because actually BTBAM has riffs that are generic but the originality really comes from the way they break it up and make it like a frankenstein riff...

crit my stuff though mang.

already did

thanks dude, i'll try and throw some of that in and try to break it up a little next time we write a song.
The vocals and drums are alright but the guitar is very fuzzy and inaudible.
Last edited by Gyroscope : Tomorrow at 01:00 PM.