hey i know there is another forum for this somewhere but im kinda in a rush here
but anyway i have a problem with my amp/guitar im not completely shure witch is causing the problem but i have a fender strat and i run it through a marshall head into 2 cabs one of which is a peavy and the other is a randall. so the problem is when i start to crank the amp past 6 or 7 on the master volume on the head it starts to squeak really really high pitched
now im pretty shure its not the guitar because it squeaks no matter witch guitar i use.
im pretty shure its the head. because i know none of the speakers are blown and i know it has a good ground. but i was wondering if theres anything i can do besides getting a noise suppressor weather it be a rack mount or a pedal.
but if there is absolutely nothing i can do other than get a noise suppressor witch one would you guys recommend for a high pitched squeak? because ive looked at buying one but all the ones i can find audio or video reviews of just have a slight noise problem. this is more like a holy crap im going to blow a speaker or 3 by doing this

tl;dr
my amp squeaks too loud what do i do?
gear:
red fender strat
digitech rp200a
fender amp
roland micro cube
I forgot to mention; if your guitar has single coil pickups, then it'll tend to be noisiery, and might get that squeaky sound.
shure=sure
Originally Posted by smb
I'm an arrogant bastard - I thought I was good before I'd plucked a note. I was right, of course.

Quote by MetalBass 77
sonsie knows all
Transistor amps tend to get squeeky when they are turned up, it's because of how the transistors distort.
ok well is there anything at all i can do about that ?
gear:
red fender strat
digitech rp200a
fender amp
roland micro cube
Are you within close proximity to the amp (with the guitar) when you try to crank it?

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄