Guys I need the cheapest but decent marshall plexi clone amp.

I've heard of ceriatone, but Id like to know about a few others that are out there.

I know ceriatone costs about 690.00 w/o shipping which is another 120 bux and then put in like a used marshall cab and you got another 300 dollars. Makes for like 1100 dollars.

Thats way over my budget. I was hoping for 500.00 for head and cab

I play mostly jimi, trower, zep..etc 60's music

LIVE in USA
Last edited by harkkam at Dec 6, 2009,
Quote by harkkam

I've heard of ceriatone, but Id like to know about a few others that are out there.

I know ceriatone costs about 690.00 w/o shipping which is another 120 bux and then put in like a used marshall cab and you got another 300 dollars. Makes for like 1100 dollars.

LIVE in USA

you're looking at getting diddly squat for that price man. a decent cab will cost you $500 even used. there is simply no way in hell you will find any kind of plexi copy for any less than $600. i'd say save up and have a look at the ceriatone. its a very good copy.
Quote by harkkam

LIVE in USA

Uhh the Bugera 1960 comes to mind...
Apparently its pretty good bang for your buck, and its cheap as
The gear:

* Epiphone Les Paul Custom
* Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 String
* Fender Squier P Bass
* Blackstar Stage HT-60
* Original Crybaby
* EHX Small Clone
* Boss DD-3
Bugera 1960 comes to mind.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
^ i thought the reliability had been sorted out? if not all you need is a soldering iron
the 1960 and a used marshall 1960A cab will just push your budget but it's the cheapest your gunna get
Gear
Ibanez SAS32EXFM White
Epiphone SG G400 White
Line 6 Flextone III+
Line 6 Spider III 120 (for sale £90)
^He doesn't have to get a 412, you know
Call me Cahum.

Squier Classic Vibe 50s Strat
Epiphone AJ-10 Acoustic

Valvepower 18w
Blackheart 112 cab
If the Bugera isn't that good, you could always get a clean amp e.g. fender and run a Overdrive pedal through it, E.g. Rothwell Hellbender
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
Quote by ILiKePiNeAppLeS
^He doesn't have to get a 412, you know

yeh but the 2x12 marshall' 1922's go for the same as the 4x12s weirdly
but a harley benton vintage 2x12 would be less than $300 $250-270 i think but still extra money towards the head
Gear
Ibanez SAS32EXFM White
Epiphone SG G400 White
Line 6 Flextone III+
Line 6 Spider III 120 (for sale £90)
rofl at getting a plexi clone and cab at $500.

you're looking at about $500 minimum for a decent cab alone for use with a plexi head (Avatar) if you're buying new.

Traynor will get you that midrangey, Marshall-like bark, but it will not sound like a plexis. Plexis sound different from '70s metal panels which sound different from JCM800s which sound different from JCM900s, etc. etc. and if you are picky enough to want a plexi specifically, then a Traynor is not going to do it for you.
Quote by superfish1232
^ i thought the reliability had been sorted out? if not all you need is a soldering iron
the 1960 and a used marshall 1960A cab will just push your budget but it's the cheapest your gunna get

They have largely, it was the first batch that was the issue. They're a lot more reliable now apparently.
The gear:

* Epiphone Les Paul Custom
* Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 String
* Fender Squier P Bass
* Blackstar Stage HT-60
* Original Crybaby
* EHX Small Clone
* Boss DD-3
Quote by stykerwolf
Location?

I hear Brownnote make good 18watt amps, PM Gabel, he has one and loves it a lot.

They cost about twice as much as the ceriatones...

bugera 1960 + bugera 212 (hear they are decent) would that be like 500-600 usd