Does the quality diffure between the Prestige series?

as an example,

besides pickups and looks/inlays "options",
does the BUILD/ WOOD quality vary between the

RG 1570
RG 2570
RG 3570

??
all bolt on neck, about 1-1.5k price difference.

whats the verdict?
*Enter Sig Here*
Well, those you named are all basswood, and i believe all prestiges undergo the exact same checks so i doubt there is difference in quality between wood etc.

Only thing that i would see is a substantial difference is that the highest end prestiges have tremolos withe the zero point system3.

But as you probably know sound always varies from guitar to guitar so you would just have to play them all
There's no real difference in build quality. Just the typically variance you get between different production guitars.

The differences are in the cosmetics and the pickups, as well as the bridge. The 1xxx line has the Edge Pro with Ibanez pickups. They typically have dot inlays and plain glossy finishes.

The 3xxx line comes with the Edge Zero (with the ZPS system) and real DiMarzio pickups. As well as more ornate inlays and fancy finishes.

Were it my money, I'd grab a 1550M and some new pickups then call it a day. I don't particularly like the Edge Zero nor do I want to be stuck with those particular DiMarzio pickups - they're great, just not exactly what I want.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
ch0, im thinking the same thing.

im gonna put my own pups in it, and there isnt anything wrong with a EdgePro. (ive never played a Zero??)

and the price difference is pretty substantial.

i just dont want to go spend a bunch of money on a high end guitar knowing that for a tad more i could get something of greater construction
*Enter Sig Here*
Quote by Hale_91
i just dont want to go spend a bunch of money on a high end guitar knowing that for a tad more i could get something of greater construction
There is zero difference in construction. RG bodies are all CNC machined, not hand made. The entire "Prestige" thing actually refers to the way the necks are finished. Prestige guitars go through a few extra finishing steps to ensure supreme playability. It's just coincidental that the only MIJ Ibanez guitars these days are "Prestige" as up until a handful of years ago, there were 'regular' (4xx and 5xx) series guitars made in Japan.

Basically what I'm trying to say is Prestige = Prestige. The only differences are the ones that are listed on the Ibanez website (pickups, bridge, colors). They're all made up to the same high standard and will all last longer than the people who buy them.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
yeah, fairenough.

now i have a dilemma. i can get a RG1570 for $1500, or a RG3570 for $2000. both brand new.

as a mate just got a 3570 for his bday that he doesnt want.

what do i do!?! (granted, i will be saving $500 in pickups..)
*Enter Sig Here*
I'd probably just grab the 3570 for the extra $500 AUS. I'm not much of a fan of the inlays or that bridge (not that there's anything really wrong with it) but the resale value is going to be better and the pickups will be a nice bonus.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Quote by Hale_91
yeah, fairenough.

now i have a dilemma. i can get a RG1570 for $1500, or a RG3570 for $2000. both brand new.

as a mate just got a 3570 for his bday that he doesnt want.

what do i do!?! (granted, i will be saving $500 in pickups..)

http://guitarsatbmusic.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=11397 $1900 jump on this one, or your mates whichever one you prefer. Both are deals of the century mate. The RG3570 would be a better investment just for the pickups themselves.
RG3570 has the ultimate neck, aka, wizard made to the 89" RG550 specs.

the others dont!!

lucky im getting one -.- lol
*Enter Sig Here*
Quote by Hale_91
RG3570 has the ultimate neck, aka, wizard made to the 89" RG550
Yes, but it's a 1mm difference
Quote by Marty Friedman
woop, i meant "super wizard" lol

dont fuss over the details. just accept the difference! lol
*Enter Sig Here*
huh? The Super Wizard is a differently constructed original Wizard. Other than the heel (which I believe is a neck reinforcement) just at the headstock, that is.

The Prestige Wizard neck is very similar, just 1mm thicker.
Quote by Marty Friedman
I bought my RG2550Z based on my experience with a RG770DX reissue. I didn't even really notice a difference in the necks when I got mine. I played a RG3550Z a while ago to see how the pickups sounded and I didn't feel a difference at all. Maybe the difference is more apparent if you play them back to back, but they pretty much feel the same to me.

On the other hand, the Wizard 2 Prestige on the older S's felt very different than the Super Wizard when playing them back to back I didn't really like the Wizard 2 Prestige. There's a 2mm difference between those. The Wizard Prestige is right in the middle. Going thicker is probably more apparent than going thinner. If you got used to the Super Wizard, you may hate the Wizard Prestige. But you may not immediately feel a difference when going thinner.
yeah mate, buy that guitar on azn_guitarist posted link. that's the same guitar I have but mine is cherry red. you'll not regret the super wizard neck on it.
My Guitar and gear:
09 Ibanez S prestige
09 Ibanez RG prestige
09 Ibanez Egen18
09 Ibanez 7 string UV custom
Bad Horsie Wah Pedal
digitec rp1000
Randall T2 HH all tube head
Vox Ac30 all tube heads
Randall RS412XL cabs
pics plz
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
this is where it (amount others) lives.

thought i might as well show you what i made in yr11 wood work a few years back haha.

(Invalid img)
*Enter Sig Here*
Badass. It's not an Ibanez unless it's got some funky colors.

Wait... both of mine are black...

HNGD!
Quote by Marty Friedman
Nice purchase! Glad you're happy with it! I don't know if I could personally deal with the yellow on blue but if it plays well and sounds great, you've got no argument from me!
it plays insanely great. Im having a paul gilbert frenzy at the moment so bright colours are more or less the only way to go!

80's metal FTW! haha
*Enter Sig Here*
Quote by ch0
Badass. It's not an Ibanez unless it's got some funky colors.

Wait... both of mine are black...

HNGD!

the middle guitar in there is a black RG321 that i got bored with.. so i attacked it with a sander and whacked in some dimarzios.

no complaints..

and not black

.. anymore.. lol
*Enter Sig Here*
Anymore pics of the 321? Looks pretty good in that pic.
I've been looking for some funky coloured RG's for a while. I really want a Desert Yellow, reissue or otherwise, if only I had the $$!
Quote by littlephil
Anymore pics of the 321? Looks pretty good in that pic.
I've been looking for some funky coloured RG's for a while. I really want a Desert Yellow, reissue or otherwise, if only I had the $$!

it just looks like the woodgrain RG321 you can get, just more "organic" is the only way i can think of describing it.

its just had a light oil as a finish..

my buddy has a leopard skin RG7621 hahaha. its a pink skin rather than orangy/yellow lol.

its very hair metal.
*Enter Sig Here*
Aww.. I was contemplating getting that guitar after I saw it on the Bmusic forums.. Guess couldn't make up my mind quick enough
Oh well HNGD!