Hey,

I plan on buying either a Bugera 6262 or 1990 as my next amp and i'm needing a cab to go with it. I've been set on a Framus FR212 for a while, but after seeing the Bugera 4x12 i'm having doubts. The Bugera cab is a fair bit cheaper and obviously has 2 more speakers for me to play with, but i'm assuming that due to the price, the Framus wither has better speakers or is put together better. It will be gigged with, in a Pop Rock band, but I also like to play a bit of Metal/MetalCore at home.

Which do you think is better for my needs?
I'd go for the 2x12 Framus cab, as it has better quality speakers and it's much easier to lug around than a 4x12 cab.
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
Go with the Framus. Definetly the Framus.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Framus hands down
the stock bugera speakers a pretty crap imho
and i'm assuming the framus has v30s?
how much more is the framus cab?
Gear
Ibanez SAS32EXFM White
Epiphone SG G400 White
Line 6 Flextone III+
Line 6 Spider III 120 (for sale £90)
Framus!!! Win!!!!
Quote by Mad Marius
DBZ guitars, love'em. Especially their Les Piccolo model.
I'm going to say Framus just because I doubt the Bugera cabinet could match the build quality of the Framus cab. Plus, it'll be cheaper to change speakers
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
I don't think the Bugera cab "sucks", however it is made out of MDF, not plywood..still if you don't go on 6 month road tours, and upgrade the speakers you would most likely be pleased.

In the "Cheap 4x12 range" - Peavey Valveking, Peavey XL, Peavey Windsor "

I'm using a Marshall 1960/A with my Bugera 6260, sounds great.

I'm also picking up a very well built 2x12 from saxon-cabs (check ebay), with a slanted baffle,empty for less then $200. I'm putting a set of GWS in it. (F**K Celestion)
Framus kicks the Bugera's ass.

Also, don't underestimate how awkward a 4x12 is - unless you've got a van/trailer they can be a huge hassle to load and move about regularly.
the framus 212 = 250, bugera = 199?
i was stuck on this too,
but thomann had a bstock framus, that i pinched last nigth, £200 =D
so yeah.. £1 for a more practicle, far better sounding cab.. yes plz..
but yeah, you really are getting £50 more cab... ive heard bad stuff about the matching cabs, cos ive jsut bougth a bugera 333xl =]
Gear:
Jackson rr5+rr3
epiphone les paul std
fender classic 50's
Epiphone sheraton ii
blackstar ht-5s
vox ac15c1
bugera 333xl
framus 2x12
mxr carbon copy
mxr bls chorus
ehx holy grail
+1 to the Framus, however I'm not convinced the 2x12 can support it. Got this from Thomann -

Framus FR212CB guitar cabinet - 2x 12" Celestion Vintage 30 speakers, 100 W mono into 8 Ohms, open or closed back via removable rear panel, 2 Celestion Vintage 30 Speakers, tolex covering. Dimension 76 x 47 x 28 cm. Weight: 22 kg, Color: Black
^i doubht that info is right, seeing as 2 v-30's should be able to carry 120 watts
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H
^Yeah a V30 is 60 watts, so the cab probably is 120 watts.

Also, from the Framus website:
Quote by Framus website
* Power rating: 120 watts
* 8 ohms
* 106dB
* 2 x 12" Celestion Vintage 30 Speaker (power rating 60W, 16 ohms, 100dB, frequency range 70-5000Hz, resonant frequency 75Hz)
* Speaker parallel connected
* 17 mm plywood housing
* Weight: 22 kg
* Dimensions (W/H/D): 0,76 x 0,47 x 0,28 m
Last edited by WtrPlyr at Dec 7, 2009,
Quote by SquierLolz
^i doubht that info is right, seeing as 2 v-30's should be able to carry 120 watts

This is right. Thomann got it wrong.
The Framus cab completely destroys the Bugera. No contest what so ever.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Haha this is very scary! Was after an answer to the exact same question! Am in a Pop Rock band and play metalcore at home and am getting the Bugera 6262 but was indecisive about a Framus 2x12 or a Bugera 4x12 (which looks nice but has rubbish speakers i bet).

A further question to this post, does a 4x12 have any better sound/volume etc? over a 2x12 (imagining they have the same speakers/brand etc)

I want 2x12 ideally as i cba to lug a 4x12 up and down the stairs 3 times a week to b/p & gigs!
Quote by MetalMatt243
Haha this is very scary! Was after an answer to the exact same question! Am in a Pop Rock band and play metalcore at home and am getting the Bugera 6262 but was indecisive about a Framus 2x12 or a Bugera 4x12 (which looks nice but has rubbish speakers i bet).

A further question to this post, does a 4x12 have any better sound/volume etc? over a 2x12 (imagining they have the same speakers/brand etc)

I want 2x12 ideally as i cba to lug a 4x12 up and down the stairs 3 times a week to b/p & gigs!

Well obviously a 4x12 is going to disperse more sound but 2x12 cabinets still have that 'big' sound.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.