ok there is a line 6 spider valve 112 combo in my local shop for a smashing £319! what are your thoughts on it? is it the best for its price?

i play a lot of rock metal so i like good distortion yet tons of genres so pretty much anything as im in a band. and that means i would use it for gigs.

my budget could stretch to 350 if nessercary

thanks
Try it. You can probably get better for your money, maybe Vypyr tube?
Wait.

Roger Waters - 12th May!
thanks the vypyr tube doesnt do much for me, il have a look at the valve king as well thanks for your input
Better than the regular one's by a long shot, but if you can, a Peavey Vypyr Tube is better. Still, not a bad amp, though.
R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio. Supplied amazing music to both me and my mother.

He will be missed.
If you feel like you'll be using enough different amp sounds to justify the purchase then by all means go for it. It isn't a horrible amp, you can coax usable tones out of it. Personally I would just get an amp with a nice clean channel and run a whole bunch of pedals if I need versatility.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Get a Laney VC30 112. If the dirty channel doesn't do it for you, then you can run pedals through the clean for more versitality
Call me Cahum.

Squier Classic Vibe 50s Strat
Epiphone AJ-10 Acoustic

Valvepower 18w
Blackheart 112 cab
I played the spider valve and i was actually well impressed. It had a really nice distorted tone on its own, don't know how well itll cut through with a band but its not a bad amp on its own.

TM
Trust me. I bought a Spider III for the effects. Didn't use them at all. Switched amp. I don't miss them.
Go for something else.
Yes. Its a pretty good amp and for the cash you wont find versatility to match.

Put it like this, if it was called the "Flexvalve", more people would reccomend it.
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
I really dig spider valves. And i still love my Spider III even though its only use is being a practice amp halfstack
I've never used the tube Spider, but I just played a Vypyr Tube 120 yesterday. It pretty much sounded just like my friend's 15 watt SS Vypyr, only about ten times as loud.
Quote by Spitz13
**** you, i live in uruguay.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
If you feel like you'll be using enough different amp sounds to justify the purchase then by all means go for it. It isn't a horrible amp, you can coax usable tones out of it. Personally I would just get an amp with a nice clean channel and run a whole bunch of pedals if I need versatility.

True dat

That's how I roll
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
The SV is not a bad amp, at all. Coupled with one of the FBV footswitches, it's actually a pretty good setup.
That being said, it sounds better for metal and rock, and the cleans are still meh (to my ears).

Try both the SV and the Vypyr Tube out... I haven't had a chance to play the tube Vypyr yet, but I've heard some amazing things. I'll have to try one out because I was pretty disappointed in the SS ones.
Quote by Uranutan
I've never used the tube Spider, but I just played a Vypyr Tube 120 yesterday. It pretty much sounded just like my friend's 15 watt SS Vypyr, only about ten times as loud.

I'm pretty sure it sounded better when I tried one. More natural sounding to me.