Which do you think is better: Dunlop Crybaby or Morley Bad Horsie? I'm looking to invest in one or the other, but need to know what the main differences are, and the pros and cons of each. I could get either for a decent price so that doesn't matter. If it helps, I'm into more modern metal stuff - Trivium, Atreyu, etc. and some post-hardcore stuff.

Any thoughts, comments or responses are appreciated, thanks.
You're = You are
Your = Belongs to you

There = Not here
Their = Belongs to them
They're = They are
Thx.

Quote by Tim the Rocker
Good grammar is like sex. It feels good.
Blah, there's more than 1 Crybaby and tbh I'm not very fond of most of them. The only one I like is the 535Q as it's highly tweakable. I think for you, the Bad Horsie might work better. Wider sweep and more partial br00talz.

My personal fav would have to be the Budda BudWah.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
I'd go for either a Bad Horsie or a Tremonti wah. Both have a fat sound and a wide sweep and mix well with high gain sounds.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Bad Horsie for def. The cry babys are a bit weak imo. I have the Bad Horsie 2 which is fantastic. It can be subtle or can be tweaked enough to rip your tongue out.
Quote by Green_Jelly
I'd go for either a Bad Horsie or a Tremonti wah. Both have a fat sound and a wide sweep and mix well with high gain sounds.

this.

morleys are infinitely more reliable than dunlops, especially with these two models as the actual moving parts are kept to an absolute minimum (they use optics over traditional pots).

try them both out if you can.
I have a crybaby, it broke down on me 3 times in 2 months.
they claim"The pedal is built like a tank", oh yeah thats right but wait! Is the switch built like a tank either? NO.
Get the morley. better sound anyway, it as a wider "sweep" (if you want to call it)
Quote by J.J.G.
I have a crybaby, it broke down on me 3 times in 2 months.
they claim"The pedal is built like a tank", oh yeah thats right but wait! Is the switch built like a tank either? NO.

My crybaby is still working with the stock switch after 9 years, you've just got a bad one.
Peavey Bandit 112
Washburn Chicago series :SD Invader at bridge ,GFS Lil Killer on neck
Bc Rich Warlock :GFS Vintage59 on neck ,Crunchy rails on bridge
Epiphone SG :Tusq Nut, GFS Crunchy Pat on neck, bc rich pickup on bridge
lots of cheap pedals
the morley bad horsie or the vox big bad wah.

bear in mind that the bad horsie is operated when you step on it (optical switch), so you cant set it in one position and walk away(envelope filter), the cry baby and the BBW are turned on by a mechanical switch.

this thread should be moved to the gear & accessories forum.