well, basicly I only have 3 pre-amp tubes, one is a splitter and according to the chematics of my amp another one is for reverb and fx-loop, so this leaves me with only one pre-amp tube that regulates the gain, so my pre-amp sound isn't really good, I always put my poweramp tubes on full power so that improves my tone a little, but I would like beter sounding, warmer and more organic tube OD.
So what should I do? Buy me a new pre-amp and then run it through the fx loop (like a hughes and kettner studio preamp or something like a rackmounted pre-amp of some sort?) Or would I be better of buying a new amp?

thanks
cheers
Hendrik
If you are looking for a modern high-gain tone, you would be best served by getting an amplifier with that quality. If you just want a bit more gain and harmonics, get a good pedal.
Well, what pedal would you suggest?
I don't really think an OD or booster is what I want.
I would like my tone to be a little more tubey, defined and fuller, not reallt tighter.
Quote by henis
Well, what pedal would you suggest?
I don't really think an OD or booster is what I want.
I would like my tone to be a little more tubey, defined and fuller, not reallt tighter.

The blackstar ht5 pedals are tube driven and from what ive heard are very good as boosts, ODs and natural sounding distortion. it should compliment your amps tone nicely as its a tube driven pedal

EDIT: Budget? these are a bit pricey for some being tube driven.
Gear:
LTD Viper-50
LTD V-250
Line 6 Spider iii 15
Randall RX120R
Boss ME-50
Last edited by riflesndaisies at Dec 6, 2009,