I was originally looking to buy a peavey 6505 for Christmas although i mightn't have enough to buy a cab aswell.

I'v read the reviews of this head and listened to several youtube videos and quite frankly. im impressed!

Can you guys give me some feedback on what you have heard about this head and your experiences?

I own an ESP LTD DJ600 with EMG'S 81s and 85's. I'm mostly into metalcore.
Current amp is a line 6 spider II lol.
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
TC Electronic Flashback Delay
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
Its not Behringer....

Anyway, I've heard nothing but positive news about the NEW ones, but the first ones were apparently really unreliable... but they seemed to have fixed that problem. They also sound pretty good, and have alot of distortion....

You'll think it sounds really good with active pups (nice guitar), because solid states don't really go hand in hand with active...
I own a 6262 head and it's never steered me wrong; it's an early 08 model aswell which reportedly have had some reliability problems with other users but mine has survived 2 tours and countless practices/home playing since I got it back in March. Same goes for my friend's 6262 although the LED on his on switch stopped lighting up recently, easily fixable I assume...

For metalcore this amp is the nuts, you'll never need any more gain than this thing pumps out! Clean channel is fantastic aswell, definitely not for home jamming though unless you have some tolerant neighbours haha This thing only gets the proper tone when CRANKED LOUD! I couple it with a 2x12 cab loaded with v30's but the lucky times when I've powered it up through a 4x12 the bass response goes through the roof. Looking to re-tube it soon though, it'll surely tighten it up some more
Yeah i heard the earlier batch of Bugera's weren't soldered properly.

Now the next phase, i will need a nice 2x12 cabinet to go along with it.
willing to spend £2-300. Any suggestions? Willing to go 2nd hand.

Also, will i be able to play at resonable levels in my bedroom without losing my tone. I'm also going to be using this amp for gigs aswell.
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
Quote by UTF
I own a 6262 head and it's never steered me wrong; it's an early 08 model aswell which reportedly have had some reliability problems with other users but mine has survived 2 tours and countless practices/home playing since I got it back in March. Same goes for my friend's 6262 although the LED on his on switch stopped lighting up recently, easily fixable I assume...

For metalcore this amp is the nuts, you'll never need any more gain than this thing pumps out! Clean channel is fantastic aswell, definitely not for home jamming though unless you have some tolerant neighbours haha This thing only gets the proper tone when CRANKED LOUD! I couple it with a 2x12 cab loaded with v30's but the lucky times when I've powered it up through a 4x12 the bass response goes through the roof. Looking to re-tube it soon though, it'll surely tighten it up some more

Think you answered my questions lol.

May i ask what cab you own and how much it was?
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
Now the next phase, i will need a nice 2x12 cabinet to go along with it.
willing to spend £2-300. Any suggestions? Willing to go 2nd hand.

http://www.thomann.de/gb/harley_benton_g212_vintage.htm

That's the 2x12 I mentioned in the previous post.. This cab seems to be a favourite with quite a few Bugera users, can't go wrong with 2 vintage 30's for £160!

http://www.thomann.de/gb/framus_fr212_cb.htm?sid=4070033b63901461f4d48029f9b63722

There is also the Framus which is about £250, same speakers as the Harley Benton, haven't had any experience with this cab but the build quality looks a bit better.. The Harley Benton cab has done me fine so far though
Thanks a lot man How long does delivery usually take? Would it be wise for me to order now?
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
No probs Since both those cabs are in stock, if you ordered now they would almost definitely turn up before Friday, stuff from Thomann which has been in stock when ordering has never taken more than a week for me, even when placing a very big order!
If you're stateside, Avatar cabs are the way to go. Any layout, any speakers, cheaper than anywhere else. If you're not, shipping will murder you.
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.