OK so im in 9th grade and they r giving me an new type of dbq so where does the additional documents go... and when u quote a document to you need to explain the point of view of it
a dbq is a DOCUMENT BASED QUESTION or as kids call it a really long social studies essay.
Last edited by gtosteve65 at Dec 6, 2009,
The only kids in my school doing DBQs are in AP classes. If that's the case, I can't help you. But capitalization and proper spelling goes a long way.

/sarcasm

I'm not sure what the problem is. Do you not know how to quote a document?
Quote by :Vicious--
how did u guys get from pit flags to mace windu raping kids using an ice cream truck

Quote by -Vogel-
"Don't touch my buttsecks"
If you quote a document then you need to state who it is written by and their perspective on the situation. When I used to write them I would generally have an intro paragraph, 2 or 3 grouping paragraphs, then a paragraph about a document that would have been helpful in writing the essay, then a conclusion paragraph. Hope that answers your questions.
Gear:
G&L Legacy
Fender Champ 600

SKYNYRD!
Ask your teacher. DBQ's (at least in my classes) don't always follow standard citation rules. You want to find out how THEY want it done - not what the regular way is.