So I'm looking for/fantasising about a second guitar, I play alot of styles and I have been using a fender strat for a while now, but since I like to play metal too I have been looking for a guitar more suited for that kinda style for more flexibility.

I've been considering the Jackson KE3 kelly for quite a while, but whilst I hear it is good quality I notice how much it looks like a bit of a show/poser guitar with the paintjobs and all - thoughts? Anyone had experience with this guitar before?

Pics:

- - - - - - - -
When I think of the perpetual journey through life
When it always feels like autumn
The wind moves slowly to the north
And the flowers die
Rain falls in my dreams

- - - - - - - -
i'd go with that last picture there.. but i hear that the kelly's have un-even weight which gets anoying... i heard this from one of my friends.. who owned a kelly.. but it might just be him who doesn't like it.
I have a Jackson RR3, which is in the same series and made with pretty much the same quality. I love it. Great Playabilty for one thing. Love the tone for another, Ive just had a look at the Jackson site and discovered yours is even better than mine. Its a very nice guitar.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

*tries not to masturbate over the crinsom swirl one*

My fav paint job of all time, hope to have an RR3 in that finish someday.
I have a JS kelly, it has a bit of a balance problem, but I dont mind, you get use to it, the higher end ones have better balance, and i've heard nothing but good things about kellys, and i love mine.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
Marty Friedman used to have a sig Kelly, you calling him a poser? In reality, the Kelly is really a Gibson Explorer with a pointy-er body to avoid lawsuits, 2 more frets and a Floyd.
1992 Ibanez S540 sol
1988? Kramer Pacer Mutt
its actually a great guitar. i have an old one and a nowadays one and love them both. but yeah, they are a bit neck heavy. ive seen people replace the strap screw to where the neck plate is to fix that though
Really nice guitar for the price, you'll really need to try it before you buy it though. If you've been playing a Fender most of the time a Jackson neck will feel so different.
Quote by maiden_man_666
It's a heap of shit

I might take your opinion seriously if you gave an actual reason.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?