Tennis
3 4%
Cricket
8 11%
Basketball
4 5%
Formula 1
5 7%
Other (please state. Note: I am American is not a valid response).
9 12%
Voters: 76.
Page 1 of 3
After this https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1240991 thread written by somebody who doesn't think there are countries outside of America, I have decided to do a new sports poll based on countries that aren't the US.

The poll options (which will be up as soon as I work out how it works) are taken from Wikipedia's page on sports in Europe, (apart from the AFL).
Fitbaw.
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
Non-American sports? Oh yes, I love competitive crumpet tasting.

I'm sorry
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
Quote by Karvid

I'm sorry

...I would own the fuck out of that sport!

But, yeah football is wicked.
Well whad'ya know, it's a female on UG. D:

Shine On, Cast A Shadow.

Quote by hugh20
i love me some fundie christian gayboys

Quote by sglover34479
<3 You = smart.

aside from rugby and competitive martial arts pretty much all none american sports are boring.
my hovercraft is full of eels
Quote by Karvid

I'm sorry

Crumpet eating is an art form, everyone is a winner, there's no need to compete.

I chose football, the good, international, kind. Though if Birmingham City weren't unbeaten in 6 games i'd probably like it a bit less.
Quote by lzrdsixsix6
aside from rugby and competitive martial arts pretty much all none american sports are boring.

Nearly every main sport you play in the US originated outside of the US.
There was a law just passed in Australia in order to prevent drunken behaviour at cricket matches. Fans are now limited to 24 pints each. TWENTY FOUR!

This pretty much sums up my love for cricket. Nothing can beat getting progressively drunk watching an Ashes test, having some banter with the Aussie fans. In fact, thats all i did this summer, it was epic.
Quote by CrimsonBizzare
Nearly every main sport you play in the US originated outside of the US.

yeah, but who dominates them?
aparently you dont think canada is outside of america,

fail poll fail thread.
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
Formula 1 for me.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Quote by lzrdsixsix6

I find football (the American shit, not what they call "Soccer") as just an "American" rip-off of a certain international sport, just to try and show that Americans are more "br00tal"....

When will they learn that they aren't the only country that exists in the world? If they do, they might even have a chance in more INTERNATIONAL sports, like football ("Soccer" in "American English". Why the hell do they have to have their own version of things? )

Oh and another thing... did anyone else notice the lack of the usage of feet in "American Football"???

EDIT: Explain to me why Football (soccer in your language) is the most popular sport in the world, if all other non-american sports are boring? There's a bigger world than the 9400000 square miles (thats 15127833.6 kilometers for the rest of the world) owned by the U.S of A....
Last edited by nemesis_911 at Dec 6, 2009,
Quote by JimmyBanks6
aparently you dont think canada is outside of america,

fail poll fail thread.

It's not outside America. Canada is part of North America.
I think both cricket and baseball need to be banned, they're just utterly and ridiculously boring. I've actually contemplated suicide while watching both of the sports. Fun to play, not to watch.

*holds up flame shield*
Quote by MightyAl
It's not outside America. Canada is part of North America.

america said excluding the word north or south means the USA, canada is not part of the usa, nice grade 4 geography skills you have going.

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
Basketball was invented in Canada, which is in North America. I consider Canadians and Mexicans part of my American brethren, but I guess I'm just a stupid American...
Quote by nemesis_911
Since when did RUGBY and MARTIAL ARTS become "American"???

Rugby's roots are in England, I think.
And as for competitive martial arts... I think they had since Roman times, in all the civilizations... fighting for entertainment runs in the blood of the human race... lol

Well I agree with you on the American sports being boring... I mean, I find football (the American shit, not what they call "Soccer") as just an "American" rip-off of a certain international sport, just to try and show that Americans are more "br00tal"....

When will they learn that they aren't the only country that exists in the world? If they do, they might even have a chance in more INTERNATIONAL sports, like football ("Soccer" in "American English". Why the hell do they have to have their own version of things? )

Oh and another thing... did anyone else notice the lack of the usage of feet in "American Football"???

He said that apart from those two, all other non-American sports are boring. And i'm guessing American arrogance and the need to make their own versions of everything stems from isolationism in some way.
Quote by nemesis_911

And as for competitive martial arts... I think they had since Roman times, in all the civilizations... fighting for entertainment runs in the blood of the human race... lol

Well I agree with you on the American sports being boring... I mean, I find football (the American shit, not what they call "Soccer") as just an "American" rip-off of a certain international sport, just to try and show that Americans are more "br00tal"....

You misread his post.
He said "all NON-American sports, apart from Rugby and Martial Arts, are boring".
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Quote by lzrdsixsix6
yeah, but who dominates them?

Oi, name ONE, MAJOR international sports event (besides the Olympics, or anything concerning athletics) that America participated in, and attained a respectable rank?

Football World cup?
Cricket World cup?
Rugby World cup?
Quote by MrJulius
Basketball was invented in Canada, which is in North America. I consider Canadians and Mexicans part of my American brethren, but I guess I'm just a stupid American...

was it not invented by a canadian professor while teaching in the usa?

thats what i thought could be completely wrong though

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
Quote by JimmyBanks6
america said excluding the word north or south means the USA, canada is not part of the usa, nice grade 4 geography skills you have going.

America also means the Americas. So when Columbus discovered America in 1492 McDonald's was already there?
Quote by Hotpunksk8rgirl
EWWWWW!!!!! Isn't a urethra another word for a female body part(vagina)??????? Perverted fishy.
Quote by Simsimius
You misread his post.
He said "all NON-American sports, apart from Rugby and Martial Arts, are boring".

Oopsie... that explains his next post...
thanks for pointing that out.
Quote by nemesis_911

are you an idiot? i said aside from those. meaning i am adressing that they are outside of america.....moron.
Quote by MightyAl
No, idiots mean the USA when they say 'America'.
Here's a map of America from 1770.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/be/MapaAm%C3%A9ricaJonghe.JPG

oh i didnt realise it was 1770, ill check the calendar next time i look at the map, since meanings and history doesnt change over time

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
Last edited by JimmyBanks6 at Dec 6, 2009,
Quote by Minkaro
The poll options (which will be up as soon as I work out how it works) are taken from Wikipedia's page on sports in Europe

You seem to have forgotten that there are countries outside of Europe and Australia.
No muerde, no calla
Sin sangre no hay arte
Nada ni nadie
De nada más

Quote by nemesis_911
Oi, name ONE, MAJOR international sports event (besides the Olympics, or anything concerning athletics) that America participated in, and attained a respectable rank?

Football World cup?
Cricket World cup?
Rugby World cup?

not concerning athletics? what's the point of sports without athletes?
Quote by lzrdsixsix6

One word: Baseball.

As much as I like it, I have to admit that it's probably the most boring sport sometimes.

Quote by JimmyBanks6
oh i didnt realise it was 1770, ill check the calendar next time i look at the map, since meanings and history doesnt change over time

There are different theories concerning how many continents there are, some pepole consider the American continent to be North, Central and South America, while other think there are two continents (South and North America) each country supports a diffeent theory wich means that it's the one that'll be teached in school there, for example we're thought that America is only one continent (central, north and south america)

So technically, none of you are wrong.
No muerde, no calla
Sin sangre no hay arte
Nada ni nadie
De nada más

Last edited by Fat-bastard0603 at Dec 6, 2009,
Quote by JimmyBanks6
oh i didnt realise it was 1770, ill check the calendar next time i look at the map
Learn to distinuish between georgraphical and political maps.
Quote by Fat-bastard0603

As much as I like it, I have to admit that it's probably the most boring sport sometimes.

to watch yes, to play no.
Quote by Fat-bastard0603

As much as I like it, I have to admit that it's probably the most boring sport always.

True
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
Quote by axe_thrasher
I think both cricket and baseball need to be banned, they're just utterly and ridiculously boring. I've actually contemplated suicide while watching both of the sports. Fun to play, not to watch.

*holds up flame shield*

I agree with those two being boring...
BUT DUDE... try watching a Twenty20 cricket match. It's much more exciting...
Quote by MightyAl
Learn to distinuish between georgraphical and political maps.

your an idiot, its North america, if you say america it means usa, and thats just how it is.

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
and if we really wanna get anal about it "America" takes up half of the world (North America, Central America, and South America)
Quote by lzrdsixsix6
and if we really wanna get anal about it "America" takes up half of the world (North America, Central America, and South America)

Nope, that occupies about 8% of the world's surface area(or around 24% of the land surface).
Page 1 of 3