Page 1 of 2
By looking at these two guitars, the only differences i can see are that the ESP has a better bridge/tuners and an ebony fretboard.

Obviously the quality of the ESP is gonna be better than the LTD but is it worth spending more on the ESP or should i just get the LTD EC-1000 and save up for a better amp?
Quote by salsawords
What amp do you have now?

this.

also depends on which EC-1000 you get,

Personally the LTD deluxe look horrible with the abalone binding, but the black EC with gold binding is quite nice.

Its all up to your choice on pups, looks, quality, etc.
Gear:
LTD Viper-50
LTD V-250
Line 6 Spider iii 15
Randall RX120R
Boss ME-50
Quote by riflesndaisies
Personally the LTD deluxe look horrible with the abalone binding, but the black EC with gold binding is quite nice.

Its all up to your choice on pups, looks, quality, etc.
I have the black one with the gold binding (got it two days ago), and I have to say it's an amazing guitar. The ebony fretboard is quite smooth, and the cutaway makes high fret access easy.

The tuners seem pretty solid, and if they're not then they aren't hard to replace, but so far I'm really pleased with mine.

Plus the EC-1000 has 24 frets, while the Eclipse II has 22.
Last edited by Pat_s1t at Dec 6, 2009,
Quote by Pat_s1t
I have the black one with the gold binding (got it two days ago), and I have to say it's an amazing guitar. The ebony fretboard is quite smooth, and the cutaway makes high fret access easy.

The tuners seem pretty solid, and if they're not then they aren't hard to replace, but so far I'm really pleased with mine.

Plus the EC-1000 has 24 frets, while the Eclipse II has 22.

This. compared to the ESP version of this in the same colour the LTD seams the better deal. It has the exact same spec but with 2 frets more, and its cheaper,

your only paying for the headstock if you get the esp
Gear:
LTD Viper-50
LTD V-250
Line 6 Spider iii 15
Randall RX120R
Boss ME-50
at the moment i have a peavey vypyr 30, i don't mind losing 2 frets either.
Quote by '93
get an amp...al you habe is a spider

wtf are you talking about, he just said he "habe" a vypyr
i was going to save up for a peavey 6505+ combo after i got the next guitar. peavey FTW
I would go with the LTD it just looks nicer to me, and cheaper!
Panties 'round your knees
With your ass in debris
Doin' dat grind with a push and squeeze
Tied up, tied down, up against the wall
Be my rubbermade baby
An' we can do it all

My way - your way
Anything goes tonight
Quote by phoenix_crush
wtf are you talking about, he just said he "habe" a vypyr

sorry for the spelling mistake...the b is right next to the v

i read in riflesndaisy's sig that he has a line 6...sorry, messed up
nvm then
Last edited by '93 at Dec 6, 2009,
Quote by riflesndaisies
This. compared to the ESP version of this in the same colour the LTD seams the better deal. It has the exact same spec but with 2 frets more, and its cheaper,

Your missing the facts that the ESP has better build quality, and uses better materials. It's definitely worth getting the ESP. Specs don't mean anything. Gibson Custom and Epiphone have the same specs. Squire and Fender Custom Shop also have the same specs. But there's a HUGE difference between them.

I say definitely go with the ESP if you're willing to spend the money for it.
Quote by riflesndaisies

Yeah 'cos getting shit built in Japan to strict quality control and having a ****ing expensive case is obviously going to cost the same as something built in Korea slapped together with more 'bad/crap/shit' models being shipped out to guitar shops without a hard case at all

FWIW quite a few LTD Deluxe models I do feel compare quite nicely to the ESP SS models but really people do get shit deluxe models that make the SS feel like CS so it really depends on which exact model you're looking at.
Quote by bfmv_oli
By looking at these two guitars, the only differences i can see are that the ESP has a better bridge/tuners and an ebony fretboard.

Obviously the quality of the ESP is gonna be better than the LTD but is it worth spending more on the ESP or should i just get the LTD EC-1000 and save up for a better amp?

Honestly, the only major difference between the Eclipse is the locking tuners.
Ones ESP and others Gotoh tuners, older models used sperzle tuners

The only guitar that would be better than the ESP EC-1000 would be the
ESP CUSTOM series which has a neck thru body instead of just a set tru neck

However, there is nothing wrong with Schecter guitars if you know what you
are looking for far as wood choice.
Ibanez AEL10E BLK- W/ Graph Tech Nut, Saddle and Pins
Duncan Woody XL Pickup w/ stock fishman EQ

Schecter C1+ Darksunburst w/ SH-4 (N) & SH-6 (B) 24.75"
Gain boost Switch
11-14-21w-38w-49w-60w D'Addario strings
ENGL Fireball+Savage+Vader Cab
Please just GTFO.

Quote by xDarrellx87x
Honestly, the only major difference between the Eclipse is the locking tuners.
Ones ESP and others Gotoh tuners, older models used sperzle tuners

The only guitar that would be better than the ESP EC-1000 would be the
ESP CUSTOM series which has a neck thru body instead of just a set tru neck

However, there is nothing wrong with Schecter guitars if you know what you
are looking for far as wood choice.
Spending the extra dough to get an ESP (Nice stuff) through a vypyr 30 is a complete budget and rig snafu.

I'd go for the EC-1000. Considering 4 of the 7 finishes are $599, which leaves a boatload of cash for a better amp.

there should be a pole.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by gregs1020
Spending the extra dough to get an ESP (Nice stuff) through a vypyr 30 is a complete budget and rig snafu.

Nothing wrong with that if the Vypyr is only used for home practice. Unless TS really needs a better amp for gigging/recording (in which case there is always the possibility to borrow/rent one) there's no harm in treating oneself to a really nice guitar that will serve him well for ages. Heck, I use pocket-pod and shitty logitech headphones for practicing at home and I can't honestly think of a reason why I'd want anything else since it let's me hear sounds coming out of my guitars. Anything else would just be overkill (for me, YMMV) for practicing.
Quote by Jiro from GLAY
Please just GTFO.

if you go to ESP.com you'd notice the stats
really your the one wrong

ECLIPSE CUSTOM
# Neck-Thru-Body
# 24.75” Scale
# Mahogany Body
# Quilted Maple Top
# Maple Neck
# Ebony Fingerboard
# 42mm Graphite Nut
# Thin U Neck Contour
# 22 XJ Frets
# Black Nickel Hardware
# Sperzel Locking Tuners
# Tonepros Locking TOM & Tail
# EMG 81 (B) / 60 (N) Active p.u.
# Finish: STBLK / STBC

EC-1000

# Set-Neck
# 24.75” Scale
# Mahogany Body
# Flamed Maple Top
# Mahogany Neck
# Rosewood Fingerboard
# 42mm Earvana Compensated Nut
# Thin U Neck Contour
# 24 XJ Frets
# Black Nickel Hardware
# ESP Locking Tuners
# Tonepros Locking TOM & Tail
# Finish: STB, STP

ECLIPSE-II
# Set-Neck
# 24.75” Scale
# Mahogany Body
# Maple Top
# Mahogany Neck
# Ebony Fingerboard
# 42mm Locking nut
# Thin U Neck Contour
# 22 XJ Frets
# Black Nickel Hardware
# Gotoh Deluxe Tuners
# Floyd Rose Original Bridgel
# Finish: BLK

Gain boost Switch
Last edited by xDarrellx87x at Dec 7, 2009,
Quote by xDarrellx87x
if you go to ESP.com you'd notice the stats
really your the one wrong

*insert specs*

Are you trying to base which guitars are 'better' then others by specs? Because to me that seems like what you're doing. Especially taking your last post into context.
Quote by azn_guitarist25
Are you trying to base which guitars are 'better' then others by specs? Because to me that seems like what you're doing. Especially taking your last post into context.

the info was only for "Jiro from GLAY"

typically the Neck thru body is better than the set neck thru my friend
and I have played them all at C&M Music stores

stats just give you a general idea of what to look for when comparing
two guitars by wood and or components and how it resonates in person

Gain boost Switch
Last edited by xDarrellx87x at Dec 7, 2009,
Quote by xDarrellx87x
the info was only for "Jiro from GLAY"

typically the Neck thru body is better than the set neck thru my friend
and I have played them all at C&M Music stores

stats just give you a general idea of what to look for when comparing
two guitars by wood and or components and how it resonates in person

Yes I know who it was referred to.

And tbh I wouldn't say neck thru is 'better' if you can have a set definition of as to why it's better and convince me 100% then sure everyone has their doubts about which is better.
The ESP FAQ specifically answers the questions on Set neck vrs Neck Thru body

What is set-thru construction?
Set-thru neck construction is an innovative technique in which the neck is glued to the body (like a set-neck), however the traditional bulky heel is carved away (similar to neck-thru-body construction). This makes access to the upper frets and the neck-to-body transition much smoother. Just as on a set-neck, you will get a combination of tone from both the neck and body with the set-thru construction. The sound will depend on the types of wood used, but generally will have a fuller, warmer tone when compared to most neck-thru-body guitars.

What is neck-thru-body construction?
Neck-thru-body construction utilizes the same piece of wood for the neck and the center column of the body. The guitar's body is made up of this center column (often referred to as the tone column) and the body "wings", which are additional pieces of wood glued to the center column to make the body shape. Since the neck and body are all connected through this one piece of wood, the tone transfer from neck to body is much better than a guitar with a bolt-on or glued-on neck. Neck-thru guitars have a lot of sustain and the tonal properties of the wood used for the center column, which is usually maple. Therefore, most neck-thru guitars tend to have a very bright sound with lots of sustain.

What is bolt-on construction?

Bolt-on construction was originally developed as a way to be able to produce guitars more efficiently and make them more affordable. The neck and body are bolted together using 4 or more screws and either a neck plate or screw inserts that hold the neck to the body. Tonally, a bolt-on guitar will have less sustain compared to both neck-thru and set-neck guitars, but it has its other advantages. Since the neck comes off the body, it can be removed, adjusted, repaired and replaced with more ease than a set-neck or neck-thru guitar.

Gain boost Switch
i maintain the differences between neck through and set neck will be finite compared to upgrading from a vypyr 30 to a better amp.
Quote by gregs1020
i maintain the differences between neck through and set neck will be finite compared to upgrading from a vypyr 30 to a better amp.

An amp can make a "WORLD" of difference

Gain boost Switch
I'm not an idiot mate I do have a bit of knowledge as to construction of guitars. And that FAQ still didn't help at all in making neck thru be 'better' then a set neck it was basically a quick run down on them and a general over view of what they sound like. Nothing about what makes one better then the other.
Quote by azn_guitarist25
I'm not an idiot mate I do have a bit of knowledge as to construction of guitars. And that FAQ still didn't help at all in making neck thru be 'better' then a set neck it was basically a quick run down on them and a general over view of what they sound like. Nothing about what makes one better then the other.

You take everything wrong dude

Well if your so hesitant try both types out, most artist prefer
the neck thru body, mind u every neck joint type has its pro's
and con's but for me neck thru body is best

Gain boost Switch
Quote by xDarrellx87x
You take everything wrong dude

Well if your so hesitant try both types out, most artist prefer
the neck thru body, mind u every neck joint type has its pro's
and con's but for me neck thru body is best

Err no I just don't see how you can say a Neck Thru guitar joint can generally be 'better' then a Set Neck joint and yet you yourself can't define what makes it 'better' in the first place besides quoting some silly FAQ that didn't even state which one was better aside from some tonal differences which the mere mortal non audiophile would 9 times out of 10 won't noitce.

As for artist preferring neck thru how is that possible? For every single artist you name that uses a neck thru I could name another that uses either a bolt on or set neck. And not too mention many guitarists use different type of guitars so that whole argument is pretty invalid.

And yes I've tried neck thru I also own a set neck and your strat style bolt on, a ibanez angled style bolt on, and an ibanez aanj bolt on, and a caparison bolt on. TBH aside from your fret access if they are built to strict quality then you won't be able to tell which one is better.
the whole reason I said each type has it's pro's and con's
and yes many artist use more than one guitar that are
made totally different, some are used only for one song

Gain boost Switch
No one mentionned yet that the ESP has a REAL maple top and the LTD a veneer. That's a huge difference in tone, if you ask me. Then you have the fact that ESP is just built much better with much better materials. Seriously, Claiming that the LTD is practically the same and that you just pay extra for the headstock is just retarded. The ESP is way better, but it's up to you to decide if you want to pay the price.

*EDIT*
Oh and Darrel, i really facepalmed so hard at most of your replies. Please keep them comming, I'm having a good laugh.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Last edited by LP_CL at Dec 7, 2009,
Quote by LP_CL
No one mentionned yet that the ESP has a REAL maple top and the LTD a veneer. That's a huge difference in tone, if you ask me. Then you have the fact that ESP is just built much better with much better materials. Seriously, Claiming that the LTD is practically the same and that you just pay extra for the headstock is just retarded. The ESP is way better, but it's up to you if you want to pay the price.

this is true

Gain boost Switch
Quote by xDarrellx87x
this is true

You either change your mind a lot or you simply know when you're beaten.
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
I bet you didn't read the edit yet
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Quote by LP_CL
I bet you didn't read the edit yet

His replies in the which soloist thread are just as confused to be honest.
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
Quote by LP_CL
No one mentionned yet that the ESP has a REAL maple top and the LTD a veneer. That's a huge difference in tone, if you ask me. Then you have the fact that ESP is just built much better with much better materials. Seriously, Claiming that the LTD is practically the same and that you just pay extra for the headstock is just retarded. The ESP is way better, but it's up to you to decide if you want to pay the price.

*EDIT*
Oh and Darrel, i really facepalmed so hard at most of your replies. Please keep them comming, I'm having od laugh.

your welcome

Gain boost Switch
go with the ec-1000 dude!!! save the cash, its basically the same damn guitar!
Equipment:
ESP LTD EC-1000
Agile 727 Interceptor Pro
Ibanez RG7321
Marshall 1960A Cab
Peavey 6505+
Rack stuff

Whoop Whoop. Holla.
It does sound good enough, Eric from Despised Icon likes them

Gain boost Switch
at the moment i'm using the peavey for practicing at home and band practice. I will start gigging after christmas, playing small gigs, so i can either use the amps at the venues or use the peavey vypyr 30, it sure is loud enough.

If i decided to get the ec-1000 i would be looking at £664.

If i saved up even more for the ESP eclipse then it works out £1,000

is the esp worth the extra £336? bearing in mind i'm nearly 16 so i can get a job next month but at the moment getting money isn't easy.

Or should i get the EC-1000 and save up and get a peavey 6505+ combo, or something similar?
Last edited by bfmv_oli at Dec 7, 2009,
Quote by bfmv_oli

Or should i get the EC-1000 and save up and get a peavey 6505+ combo, or something similar?

that's what I've been telling you.
Quote by Jigsaw62
go with the ec-1000 dude!!! save the cash, its basically the same damn guitar!

sigh, no its not.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
lmao at that argument about necks.

It's personal preference.

Neck throughs are believed to have more sustain and stability, but that doesn't make them better (I like bolt ons myself). And that comment about professionals using neck throughs more was just stupid.

The two most popular most used guitars today are the Fender Stratocaster (BOLT ON) and the Gibson Les Paul (SET IN! ZOMG!!!)

Also, the Eclipse II and the EC 1000 ARE NOT THE SAME GUITAR.
Last edited by rlheart at Dec 7, 2009,
Page 1 of 2