Page 1 of 3
My mother is catholic. This morning, I didn't get up for church. Why? Because I don't believe in that shit. I don't believe in God, purgatory, or any of that stuff. She left because she would be late. About and hour and 20 minutes later, mother comes home, and starting freaking out and yelling at me. Now, I've told my mother that I don't believe in adult fairy tales, but I still got slammed with a punishment. I'm not qqing about the punishment, but I am kind of upset why I got it. tbh, I guess I should put this in the sound off thread...........

Thoughts?

EDITS GALORE:

I do not swear at my mom.
I do not insult her religion.
Most of the time I go to church, because I understand that that's her rule.
I have sat her down and talked with her about it, in a civil manner.
STUFF
MOD Contest Group
Resisting the Urge to Fap since 8/11/08
However, I lost in 3 days.
Quote by Hobolad

Guns don't help defense, they make you more vulnerable if anything. Said this a lot already

Last edited by bassnguitar at Dec 6, 2009,
Gonna need to know the punishment
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Custom Shop Silverburst (Invader/'59)
-Ovation ApplauseAE44II Elite Black Acoustic

Amps/Cabs
-Peavey 6505+ Head
Orange PPC2x12 Cab Black
-Behringer Ultracoustic ACX450 1x8 Acoustic Combo

Wayyyyy too many effects pedals...
your mom should respect your decision
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
Don't be so ****ing rude about it, show some damn respect and maybe you'll get some.
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
Maybe because you disrespected her religion by using the words "shit" and "adult fairytale"
Act possessed and scream your mom sucks cocks in hell.
If You See Me Posting In The Pit HIT ME.
Quote by KingJak236
My hamster used to bite me when I picked it up, then it got too old and fat to bite and died in a pool of it's own vomit.

Quote by Kensai
That's the rockstar way to go. I salute him.
Quote by Nexium
Act possessed and scream your mom sucks cocks in hell.

Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Custom Shop Silverburst (Invader/'59)
-Ovation ApplauseAE44II Elite Black Acoustic

Amps/Cabs
-Peavey 6505+ Head
Orange PPC2x12 Cab Black
-Behringer Ultracoustic ACX450 1x8 Acoustic Combo

Wayyyyy too many effects pedals...
My mother does this too, but I don't say to her that it's an "adult fairytale." I've told her that I don't believe in anything and I don't care about what she believes in, she can do whatever the hell she wants. However, she still forces it upon me which is what I don't understand.
Listen bro i have the same issue at home, the exact same...

your mom has been brought up witht his from the day she was born by her parents and its all she knows, everything she thinks is right. She NOT going to change her mind no matter what you say, because she doesn't want to believe it's not true.

the best way to go about it is to just straight up ignore/not get involved with the arguments, just go to church for an hour and listen to your ipod or some shit man, just don't create unnecessary tension
Quote by -Collapse-
Oh, hello mister tracer! Lets dance!
Quote by CodySG
And we all poop in the sandwiches!

New Drug Chat, Eh? CLICK HERE

pass: misterhoffman
Quote by sticksause
Maybe because you disrespected her religion by using the words "shit" and "adult fairytale"

Okay, I have something to clarify. I DID NOT say that she follow an adult fairytale, say the word shit, or act disrespectful. I just said it here, because it was what I was thinking. I don't talk to my parents that way. I told her simply, that I don't believe in it. So get off my case on that, thanks.

lol @ the possessed thing
STUFF
MOD Contest Group
Quote by Hobolad

Guns don't help defense, they make you more vulnerable if anything. Said this a lot already

How severe was the punishment?
I HAVE RETURNED
Twitter
Quote by metalkickTM
migueltherocker: The retarded unicorn-fish of the sea

Quote by ShredHead396

Dude, that was just pure win, i laughed the entire way

first stack ^
Because, like it or not, her religion gives her an obligation to make you go. Even if you don't want to go, she's still your mother. When you're a big boy and move out, then you can stop going, but there's not much you can do currently other than suck it up and not make a bigger deal out of it.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Quote by bassnguitar
Okay, I have something to clarify. I DID NOT say that she follow an adult fairytale, say the word shit, or act disrespectful. I just said it here, because it was what I was thinking. I don't talk to my parents that way. I told her simply, that I don't believe in it. So get off my case on that, thanks.

my bad then. If you did not use those words or act disrespectful, then I guess that she shouldn't punish you just because you're a nonbeliever.
TS, you did the right thing.
Quote by Fucking loads of people who were appeasing me in order for me to write
blues_to_thrash, you are the master of epic lulz

My Music

2K11
Quote by poopsmith666
Listen bro i have the same issue at home, the exact same...

your mom has been brought up witht his from the day she was born by her parents and its all she knows, everything she thinks is right. She NOT going to change her mind no matter what you say, because she doesn't want to believe it's not true.

the best way to go about it is to just straight up ignore/not get involved with the arguments, just go to church for an hour and listen to your ipod or some shit man, just don't create unnecessary tension

I do normally do this. But this was one week that I said **** it, I'm really not in the mood, I'm tired, etc, etc.

That still doesn't justify a punishment, in my opinion.

Enjoy the for answering me without jumping down my throat.
STUFF
MOD Contest Group
Quote by Hobolad

That really sucks, my parents are kinda similar but far less crazy, and they only expect me to go 3 times a year. I just keep myself busy by correcting everything the priest says in my head. I had ten minutes just from hearing Jesus described as 'omnipotent'.
Quote by migueltherocker
How severe was the punishment?

TBH it wasn't brutal like locking my in my room for a week, but I lost my phone, can't go anywhere for the week, I have to "repent" 30 minutes a day during the week....
STUFF
MOD Contest Group
Quote by Hobolad

Steps:

1. Fill her handbag with condoms

2. Go to Church with her

3. As she walks towards the pew, "accidentally" knock her handbag out of her hands.

Then SHE won't go to Church anymore either.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Quote by Venice King
Don't be so ****ing rude about it, show some damn respect and maybe you'll get some.

this. don't be a tosser, don't call her beliefs "that shit" and grow up a little, and maybe she'll learn to accept your point of view.

EDIT:

Quote by bassnguitar
TBH it wasn't brutal like locking my in my room for a week, but I lost my phone, can't go anywhere for the week, I have to "repent" 30 minutes a day during the week....

Nevermind man, sounds like your mom is a fundie. I'd call fundamental christianity "that shit" to. even regular everyday catholics like myself can't stand those people.

EDIT2:

V yeah, it just didn't click in my mind until just right now lol.
Last edited by Lt. Shinysides at Dec 6, 2009,
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
this. don't be a tosser, don't call her beliefs "that shit" and grow up a little, and maybe she'll learn to accept your point of view.

Did you read the thread beyond the OP?
STUFF
MOD Contest Group
Quote by Hobolad

Quote by bassnguitar

Oh. I was expecting eternal damnation.
MATTERHORN
Quote by Doctor Matthews
Oh. I was expecting eternal damnation.

STUFF
MOD Contest Group
Quote by Hobolad

Quote by bassnguitar

Phone, alright. Going out, alright. But this? Seriously?
I HAVE RETURNED
Twitter
Quote by metalkickTM
migueltherocker: The retarded unicorn-fish of the sea

Quote by ShredHead396

Dude, that was just pure win, i laughed the entire way

first stack ^
Quote by sketchy z
her house her rules. sory bra

....not exactly.

I'm pretty sure that the TS has a right to worship how he wishes regardless of his age.

Or at least he SHOULD have the right to worship as he wishes.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Quote by sketchy z

I can see this side of the argument, too though. It is her house, and I should abide by said rules, BUT I should have a choice whether I want to believe in a religion or not, in my opinion.
STUFF
MOD Contest Group
Quote by Hobolad

My parents are the same way. I dont believe in it and my mom is still trying to get me confirmed. The sad thing is they only go to church like 5 times a year and they try to tell me they believe in the catholic religion?
Have a little respect for other peoples beliefs.

Edit: You're basically being disrespectful to someone, ever heard of religious tolerance?

of course you haven't....and this thread proves it.
Last edited by MapOfYourHead at Dec 6, 2009,
Quote by sketchy z

Go live with someone else them.
Quote by RazorTheAwesome
* at TunaFish

OH DAMN YOU!!!

Quote by SteveHouse
TunaFish ==

This made me lol:
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
It's morphing time bitches.
Quote by bassnguitar
I do normally do this. But this was one week that I said **** it, I'm really not in the mood, I'm tired, etc, etc.

That still doesn't justify a punishment, in my opinion.

Enjoy the for answering me without jumping down my throat.

parents have never understood this and never will. They think that you HAVE to go to every single instance of every single committment that you've allegedly made ever... why do people get sick days/vacation days from work and shit man, because you just don't wanna go every ****ing day. It's not like they're gonna have a huge rebellion or witch hunt on you because you didn't show one week, ****. No one even noticed, i'm sure

but yeah, i dont think she punished you for not going, but for not obeying her, which is even gayer. there's no way to deal with these types of people man, it will only result in you going insane... My mother is one of those types of people, to the nth degree, shes "NEVER" wrong because no matter what kind of argument someone puts up, she has some sort of semantics to dish out that deflects the conversation from the real issue and nothing ever gets resolved, but SHE'S never wrong because the issue never gets talked about, because she deflects it every time!!!

RAAAGGGE lol

i've learned to put up with it man, and if you don't too then your home life is gnna start to suck man, sorry but thats how it goes. Unless your mom isn't quite like mine and can be convinced, in which case go ahead and try but it might only result in more problems lol
Quote by -Collapse-
Quote by CodySG

as long as youre not an asshole about it then dont worry, just tell your mom that you don't believe in it, im having the same problem...well im agnostic, and from what i can tell, youre atheist.

but dont go about shitting on her religion, its just disrespectful, and essentially not cool, ask her to respect your beliefs and maybe she will (i dont know your mom or the type of person she is), but you gotta respect hers, otherwise itll just lower her opinion about your beliefs because itll make her think that all atheist just spit on everyone else's beliefs
Quote by bassnguitar

lol @ the possessed thing
Your OP lead us to believe otherwise.

Quote by bassnguitar
My mother is catholic. This morning, I didn't get up for church. Why? Because I don't believe in that shit. I don't believe in God, purgatory, or any of that stuff. She left because she would be late. About and hour and 20 minutes later, mother comes home, and starting freaking out and yelling at me. Now, I've told my mother that I don't believe in adult fairy tales, but I still got slammed with a punishment. I'm not qqing about the punishment, but I am kind of upset why I got it. tbh, I guess I should put this in the sound off thread...........

Thoughts?
You don't communicate your thoughts well on an internet forum. It would be surprising if you were able to do it during face-to-face with a parent on an issue you disagree on.

Fair doesn't matter. If you're an adult, you make your own decisions. But until that time, your parents make decisions for you and allow you to make the decisions THEY decide you can make. Simple as.

Stop whining and start actually communicating. You might be pleasantly surprised at how much more respect you'll get.

Good luck
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by bassnguitar

Tell your mum that 'repent' is a modern slang term for masturbation, and you're all out of Kleenex.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Your OP lead us to believe otherwise.

You don't communicate your thoughts well on an internet forum. It would be surprising if you were able to do it during face-to-face with a parent on an issue you disagree on.

Fair doesn't matter. If you're an adult, you make your own decisions. But until that time, your parents make decisions for you and allow you to make the decisions THEY decide you can make. Simple as.

Stop whining and start actually communicating. You might be pleasantly surprised at how much more respect you'll get.

Good luck

you're just like my mother, with the semantics.

stop trying to interpret his grammar and focus more on his actual meaning.
Quote by -Collapse-
Quote by CodySG

Quote by poopsmith666

Read my post, genius.

The point is he does a poor job of communicating. If HE wants to be taken seriously, HE will have to do a better job of it. His mother has no motivation to do so.

/talking to a brick wall.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by poopsmith666

we're on the internet dude. Grammar is all we have to interpret meaning. there is no way to see his body language, his tone, his actions or anything. you are looking at text from a person you cannot see. the only way to interpret what he is trying to say is to look at how he typed it.
Quote by poopsmith666

That guy just gave the best advice in this thread, don't try and criticize it.
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
we're on the internet dude. Grammar is all we have to interpret meaning. there is no way to see his body language, his tone, his actions or anything. you are looking at text from a person you cannot see. the only way to interpret what he is trying to say is to look at how he typed it.

that's not necessarily true, tone and inflection can be understood by how words go together, sentences, etc.

BUT i'll admit that i got caught not reading SYK's whole post and missed the point i did the same thing i get pissed at other people for doing lol and i got caught my bad, but my original point still stands i believe
Quote by -Collapse-
Quote by CodySG

Page 1 of 3