Whic recording soft is the easiest one with good sound recording quality and also can impost midi drums track.

im trying with nuendo 2 but finding it a lil bit difficult.
Ableton has an advantage of having MANY tutorials, tips, video lessons etc...I found this easiest.
reaper is pretty straightforward. but it will take a short while to get the gist of just recording in general.

Also, most recording software has a lot of video tutorials on youtube. reaper especially
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Garage band is the easiest i've seen, although you kind of need a mac to use it...

pro tool, no
ableton, yes it's easy, but it's not the best for just straight recording.

really once you learn the basics of one, your new skills will mostly transfer between any of them. i'd just keep going with what you have.
You can get audacity for free. If you have a budget you can use adobe audition. Both are easy to use for straightforward recording.
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
learn to use what you have, and don't pirate shit.

2nded. Reaper is a VERY functional full use sequencer with all of the support for extras like FX and VSTs you could need. good envelope control, blah blah blah

its more than enough for anyone who's learning.

AND ITS FREE (more or less!)

when you start kicking ass.. you could always graduate to the more industrial strength sequencers later.

check the sticky about making recordings easy and simple. it has great advice on doing things well, along with doing things simply. if you spend less time fiddling with recording.. you spend more time writing

Have fun!
Last edited by Kivarenn82 at Dec 7, 2009,
Ableton makes it so you can record as many loops/parts as you want, guitar, bass, drums, and all without stopping play back. You really can't get much easier than that.

But comparing ableton to PT or even reaper is useless... They compliment each other, not compete. Ableton makes it easy to layout your songs and design them creativly with an outstanding number of tools MIDI or audio. And reaper, or in my case PT picks up the slack where ableton leaves out. Mostly mastering. But this is when I get into more technical production. The more difficult stuff. Thats where reaper,PT or cubase would come in. Track lanes, grouping etc.. Which has been just added in live 8.

I found abletons drag and drop style, and desktop session/ live arrangements views much more easier to "see" how work gets put together. Reaper was easy to use for me since I had a experience with others, but I can see how its layout, navigation can be unintuitive for the first time user.
Last edited by nynejoe at Dec 7, 2009,
neat. i've never tried using ableton before, so its cool that you gave us the description of how you use it.

I moved to reaper from sequencers that operate in a similar manner (CEP/adobe audition). having the prior experience definitely helped get used to reaper.
Well, I know I'm going to get flamed for this but pretty much all recording software works the same. Sure, each has its quirks and things the others can't do but in the end of the day, they all record tracks and mess with midi instruments and stuff all the same.

Though each has its own way of going about things. A lot of people say Pro Tools is the end all to recording software (I'm a Pro Tools user, love it to death) but there are a few major downfalls with Pro Tools (Limited Interfaces, no out of the box VST support which bugs me and it feels overwhelming). Reaper is a good one to start with (I started there) and has a great interface and seemed really easy to use, it just felt like I wouldn't be able to get what I truly wanted out of it. Cubase IMO has the worst interface of them all and was terrible to use.
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp