Hey so i couldnt find an olympics thread for the upcoming games

whats everyone looking forward to?

anybody lucky enough to be going?

cant wait to watch the hockey! go canada go!
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
Last edited by JimmyBanks6 at Dec 6, 2009,
Hockey,

Canada is going to clean up.
I'm pumped.
98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels.
Quote by blackflag49
Joe Biden's wife is a total cougar.

Quote by imdeth
metaldud damn it I said ignore the penis!

XBL Gamer Tag:

Arch Enemy65
I'm looking foward to them. The winter olympics I think are more exciting than the summer olympics so yeah. USA! Looking foward to watch some hockey.
Gear:
Paul Reed Smith SE Custom 24
Marshall MG30DFX
ISP Noise Decimator
Need a new amp. Any ideas? PM me

Quote by Kensai
Either you got the wrong thread or the gays in your state are very well hung.

I hope they air the hockey over here. Never seen much of it, but it's an interesting sport. Also, skiing and snowboarding are great fun.
I hate skating, but it's the main sport they air over here because the dutch usually fill up half of the top 10
Quote by genghisgandhi
Curling

I think the Czechs have promising sweepers, but their throwers leave much to be desired

Maybe if they didn't always play stoned.

But really. I always enjoy the alpine skiing events.
Winter > summer Olympics; something about the presence of ice/snow in the events makes them exciting.
MATTERHORN
Quote by Doctor Matthews
Bobsled ftw.

I used to love watching bobsled. When I was 6 I thought it was the only good sport in the games.

*Waits for Canadians to say curling is a sport.*
I can't got to Whistler this year because of the damn Olympics, the crowds would be massive. DAMN YOU OLYMPICS!!! Can't wait to watch the US run house in snowboarding though.
Quote by metalh3ad88
I can't got to Whistler this year because of the damn Olympics, the crowds would be massive. DAMN YOU OLYMPICS!!! Can't wait to watch the US run house in snowboarding though.

yeah snowboarding is pretty epic, one of my favs.

ski jumping is interesting on occasion, the massive distances they get is insane
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
I hereby predict Great Britain will get no medals

well, okay, maybe one.

I like the winter olympics.

Eddie the eagle
iceskating duh
~And the raindrops in the cars

Keep on falling from off the bars

Blocking out a good song

Playing on the radio~
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Ethiopia actually has a competitor in the skiing.

I thought it was Ghana. You mean the guy who trained in Milton Keynes, right?
gooo sweden
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Cant wait,

i think the winter stuff is so much more interesting than the summer stuff.

Cant wait for the bobsleigh and cross country skiing!

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
The Winter Olympics might as well be called "Olympic Hockey" on my TV.

Sure, the luge is cool, and the bobsleds are cool, and speed skating's alright, etc. But all I really care about is the hockey.

I foresee Canada and Russia in the Gold Medal game, with Canada taking it by a goal.

But I'll admit Slovakia, Finland, and Czech Republic (w00t Pavelec and Elias) have some good odds to make it far into the tournament. They'll just eventually be demolished by Canada or Russia.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
edit- ^ hey man don't sell yourself short, the U.S. has a good team too, and Russia hasn't been the force it used to be in recent years, and Canada's last showing at the olympics was just sad (7th)

I think Sweden is always the country to watch, they have easily as much potential to win as Canada, Russia, or Slovakia

I have very mixed feelings about the olympics. On one hand, I get to watch some good hockey, on the other, I'm going to be paying for this money waster for years. :/

I've heard good predictions for Canada's medal standings this year, but you never know, Canada didn't win any Gold in the last 2 olympics we hosted (Calgary & Montreal)
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
Last edited by Carswell98 at Feb 11, 2010,
Yea but Canada has invested 118 million dollars in a program to enhance athletic performance by testing there equipment. Also the goal of the program is for us to get 30 medals.
sigh...
Quote by enceps
Yea but Canada has invested 118 million dollars in a program to enhance athletic performance by testing there equipment. Also the goal of the program is for us to get 30 medals.

yeah, but other countries do that every olympics, I think it's good that we finally showed some drive to win, this is a competition after all
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
Quote by Carswell98
yeah, but other countries do that every olympics, I think it's good that we finally showed some drive to win, this is a competition after all

I think the difference is we already excel in winter games when compared to majority of countries, so putting in this money should make more of a difference.
sigh...
Jeez, a guy died in training. That's crazy.
1. Open My Computer.
2. Open C:
3. Click on WINDOWS.
4. Open the folder "Media."
5. Click on the file "onestop."
6. Listen.
Quote by Mockstairwell
Jeez, a guy died in training. That's crazy.

Did you see the shit he was doing? How is it crazy that in the process of going 100 KM/H+ down a narrow half tube you could get hurt/die ?
Xbox Live GT: IX Michael IX
Quote by parigod
Did you see the shit he was doing? How is it crazy that in the process of going 100 KM/H+ down a narrow half tube you could get hurt/die ?

Okay, maybe.

But it is still 1000x cooler than the way I'll end up dying.
1. Open My Computer.
2. Open C:
3. Click on WINDOWS.
4. Open the folder "Media."
5. Click on the file "onestop."
6. Listen.
Quote by Mockstairwell
Okay, maybe.

But it is still 1000x cooler than the way I'll end up dying.

Who knows, I'm sure there are enough metal poles in the world for all of us.
Xbox Live GT: IX Michael IX
Anyone got any pictures of some smokin' hot swedish women skiiers I can drool over? Best part of the Olympics.

Russia is gonna win Gold in hockey, no doubt.
DON'T HIRE RON WILSON
Quote by Carswell98
edit- ^ hey man don't sell yourself short, the U.S. has a good team too, and Russia hasn't been the force it used to be in recent years, and Canada's last showing at the olympics was just sad (7th)

I think Sweden is always the country to watch, they have easily as much potential to win as Canada, Russia, or Slovakia

Truth, but I'm an American who wants to be Canadian, so I'm just rooting for my dream home.

And, yeah, American doesn't have a bad team at all, I just don't see them making it as far as some of the others. I've been wrong before, though.

And while Russia hasn't been a massive force, they just have a stacked team. Kovalchuk, Ovechkin, Nobakov, Bryzgalov, Markov, Afinogenov, Semin, Gonchar, etc.

The only team that I can see that's stacked with more talent is Canada.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20