I am just starting to get into recording and i am wondering if u guys could help me. I am looking at some interfaces under $150 like the Line 6 Studio UX1 or the Lexicon Lambda. I am not going to be using a mic and i dont need software to come with it.
Silvertone Paul Stanley SUCKS
Line 6 UX1 (Pod Farm)

COOL
Line 6 GX1 is the cheapest of the Line 6 ones and still good.
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
Quote by strangedogs
Line 6 GX1 is the cheapest of the Line 6 ones and still good.

Yeah, I'm using a GX, can't fault it really, will be upgrading to a 8 channel interface this christmas but thats only because I'll be recording full drumkits in the foreseeable future.
Quote by Kevy Absolution
M-Audio Fast Track MkII.

There is nothing better.

I had the older model FastTrack USB for about 3 days - got rid of it as fast as I could - it was flat-out FLAKY... maybe the new ones are better or maybe mine was just screwed up (got it from Musician's Friend - NEW). I swore I'd never trust M-Audio again but then I traded some things with a bud and got a M-Audio AUDIO BUDDY pre-amp - it was actually a nice little pre-amp.

The Line 6 GX-1 comes with Pod Farm Amp Modeling software which is cool but then again with the FastTrack you'd be able to run Pro-Tools M-Powered which is also a big plus.
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
Last edited by strangedogs at Dec 6, 2009,
Quote by strangedogs
I had the older model FastTrack USB for about 3 days - got rid of it as fast as I could - it was flat-out FLAKY... maybe the new ones are better or maybe mine was just screwed up (got it from Musician's Friend - NEW). I swore I'd never trust M-Audio again but then I traded some things with a bud and got a M-Audio AUDIO BUDDY pre-amp - it was actually a nice little pre-amp.

The Line 6 GX-1 comes with Pod Farm Amp Modeling software which is cool but then again with the FastTrack you'd be able to run Pro-Tools M-Powered which is also a big plus.

I know eactlly what you mean. While I do love the brand for their price/quality, my friend has one and it doesn;t perfoorm near as good as the one have. Maybe it has too do with inconsistency in manufacturing, or bad handling from shipper and sellers. Both models same, one sounded awesome, one sounded like a 90% off at walmart sale. lol
I hear the newer M-Audio interfaces are a ton better. Plus, a lot are coming prebundled with Pro Tools M-Powered (though I believe its a lighter version)

I haven't messed with the Line 6 hardware but I just sunk $300 into Pod Farm Platinum and I love that.

If you wanted to spend a few more bucks on something that will do a lot, get an Mbox 2. I've got one and it does everything I've wanted it to
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
Yep they do. M-audio come with PT lite and Ableton 8 demo and native instruments guitar rig demo at my local shop. Which only draw backs are the number of tracks used. Which is ok for beginners and sooooo cool to get people started. Wish I had that promotion when I bought all my equitpment. ehhehehe