Hey, it's me! If you remember me. Anyway a while ago I bought an overdrive pedal, but it is good, but rather plain. I want a new one, and like the Boss Bd-2. I'm buying from. Guitar Center, as the people who work there are pretty cool. Anyway, is it good for heavy blues and maybe Modern Rock? Will be played through a Deluxe Reverb and 60s Reissue Strat.
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
I'd say go for a Tube Screamer TS-9. They're very creamy sounding and have a classic vibe. Perfect for heavier blues and rock.
My only problem is that I don't know if local stores carry them, or how heavy they can get.
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
how heavy are you looking for. Just saying that you play blues and rock isn't really all that helpful. I play blues and rock and can find uses for several different overdrives. It just depends on what I need it for. If I want British style crunch tones, then I'll get a Marshall-in-a-Box kind of overdrive pedals, or if I want a booster or something just to add a layer of grit on my sound, then I'd use something like a tubescreamer.

A tubescreamer is not supposed to be a gain machine, but neither is the blues driver. It's not going to substitute for a Marshall or anything.
Three Days Grace is the heaviest I can think, it could go through my other pedal of course.
Quote by chip46
so you're looking for something that can essentially substitute for an overdrive channel?

if I were you, I'd just save up until I could buy one of the many Marshall in a box pedals out there.
Like Electro-Harmonix?
Quote by chip46
depends on what EH, I'm not familiar with their overdrive pedals.

i mean something like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_8cM0o63ys

I've never played one of these in person and I have been trying to see if anyone on this forum has actually tried one in person, because to my ears, that is the closest to a Marshall tone in a box that I've heard yet based on the demo.
Last edited by al112987 at Dec 6, 2009,
Alright, I'll try to try the ones I mentioned, and will decide based on that. Whether I should buy those, of what you mentioned
Quote by chip46
CB is solid, though for the price, I prefer something like an OCD, it jsut sounds more amp like to me, but the CB is still pretty sweet.