Yep, big fan. Not sure what to make of that new song "Heartkiller" though, seems rather Americanised and over-produced =/
Quote by SilverSpurs616
Yep, big fan. Not sure what to make of that new song "Heartkiller" though, seems rather Americanised and over-produced =/

i agree tbh ;\ it sounds like it could have been off 'dark light'. I hope the rest of the album is better because i thought they were back to making the good stuff like on venus doom.

The production dosn't really sound too different tbh, sounds like normal HIM production (other than deep shadows which had all sorts of interesting stuff in that respect) although is it just me or do the guitar parts lack the punch of previous songs?
Quote by nyrhinen

technically arnt they in the wrong forum anyway? if this is 'modern rock'?

also nothing showed up for me when i had a look -_-'
Oh and also, as much as I like them I don't think a HIM thread will fare too well here. You'll likely just get posts of "gay" "they suck" and "well, they're not metallica.."
Quote by SilverSpurs616
Oh and also, as much as I like them I don't think a HIM thread will fare too well here. You'll likely just get posts of "gay" "they suck" and "well, they're not metallica.."

Mhmm, i thought that. It's funny, round UG if anyone were to badmouth someone like kanye west or his lyrics you'll get called an ignorant elitist whereas a lot of other bands get flamed non stop and no one says anything.

><
well HIM are one of my favourite bands so glad that theres thread.
My favorite HIM album has always been Razorblade Romance. No one seems to agree with me. XD

I'm very excited for their next album, though!
Quote by one vision
The 5770 sounds more like a firearm than it does an amplifier.
yep agree I love the Razorblade Romance album although Love Metal is very good.
I just downloaded some of their stuff (Hey, I bought the CDs first time round, just lost them now). God, I forgot how catchy and how much you could just sing along to HIM. Reminds me of good times, driving in summer with the windows down and just chanting in a deep voice "I see it in your eyes, I feel it in your touch, I taste in from your lips". ..Yea, I go driving with a car full of males singing this sort of stuff..

Current songs I'm addicted to are "For you" and "In Joy and Sorrow".
The new cd is definitely not as good as anything like Love Metal or Dark Light. It seems kinda "poppy" to me...
I actually like the new CD, there's some real depth to the lyrics in it, a lot of thought has gone into that and i like how linde has really put in some cool guitar bits. I wish he had more solos though and i don't like matt squires production , venus doom had that big thick sound and this one dosn't
Quote by a7xb4d
The new cd is definitely not as good as anything like Love Metal or Dark Light. It seems kinda "poppy" to me...

I agree, though I always associated HIM with death pop, so it doesn't surprise me at all. Their heavier songs are the ones I like best, though I still like the pop side of their sound.
Quote by one vision
The 5770 sounds more like a firearm than it does an amplifier.
I love him! I learned how to play vampire heart the other day.Not to difficult but I love the song.
My gear
Schecter 7 string hellraiser
1984 Charvel (model unknown)
Mesa boogie Dual Recto Solo head
and some pedels!

UG's HateCrew Member
I'm a pretty big HIM fan, and I found their new CD to be one of their best yet. The drums sound a lot better on this album. The lyrics have some really amazing feel to them on this album too (They do every album, but this one feels the best next to Razorblade Romance), and Linde has come up with some really cool riffs this time around (Check out In Venere Veritas, or Disarm Me.)
I'm a big fan of HIM. Not my usual style of music, being 37 (read old fart), but I fell in love with them after buying Dark Light on a whim. They are usually the only thing I listen to when I sit down at the computer for gaming, recording, etc.
Quote by Duality Ninja
I'm a pretty big HIM fan, and I found their new CD to be one of their best yet. The drums sound a lot better on this album. The lyrics have some really amazing feel to them on this album too (They do every album, but this one feels the best next to Razorblade Romance), and Linde has come up with some really cool riffs this time around (Check out In Venere Veritas, or Disarm Me.)

In venere veritas is good, but it has THE most lame intro ever xD

'lets fall apaRT togethER nOAW'