Page 1 of 3
When buying guitars, do you tend to stick to one brand of guitar, or buy guitars of different brands?

Just asking this out of curiosity.
I tend to be brand loyal as long as the product doesn't steer me wrong, and they have what I want.
I dunno I like playing lots of different things.
(()____(Main Rig)____())>

Carvin CS4 Goldtop
PRS Santana SE
Carvin SC90
Washburn Taurus 5-string Bass
Peavey 6505
Carvin v3m
Carvin 2x12
Spider Valve Cab
Plenty of Pedals.
As you can tell by my name i'm very loyal to Traben. I haven't played a bass from them I didn't like. However, if i was looking to buy a new bass and played either an ESP, Ibanez, or whatever that I really enjoyed i'd probably get it.
So that with good courage we say, “The Lord is my helper. I will not fear. What can man do to me?”

-Hebrews 13:6
I'm brand loyal for sure. PRS is the way to go for sure when it comes to electrics, Taylor guitars for acoustic
i switch around, i started with ESP's and just bought a Fernandes. i like both.
i could never be a brand bitch when it comes to guitars. i love all good guitars. fender strats and teles, gibson lp and sg, esp lp(eclipse), ibanez rg series, prs. martin, yamaha and taylor acoustics. the list is endless.

to limit yourself to a certain brand, especially when it comes to guitars is closed minded and stupid.
Esp Eclipse II
Fender Strat LoneStar
Martin D35 Custom Shop
Vox Night Train
Vox Heritage cab 1x12
If it's good, it's good

lately i've been dying for a Kramer super strat.

and i mostly stick to Ibanez.

But the other day i played an Epiphone prophecy, and wow!!! it had a nice neck, a bit heftier than my ibbys ( i have 3) and wow did i want to take it home. if i lowered the action on that a tad bit, it would have totally been something i'd fall in love with.

Moral of the story
names = nothing

feel = everything

Edit: I really never tried a Dean I like, but i've only played cheaper models. love the looks of the 79 ML though. Quite pretty little devils
Quote by JacobTheMe
JacobTheEdit: Hell yeah Ruben.

Quote by Jackal58
I met Jesus once. Cocksucker still owes me 20 bucks.
Last edited by diofan88 at Dec 6, 2009,
Not loyal to one brand, but there are definitely brands I prefer over others. I've yet to play an Ibanez, Jackson or ESP I didn't like. I also like Dean's higher end stuff, though their cheap stuff is exactly anything worth talking about.
well im not really a very experienced player yet ive only been playing almost 2 years, so i'm still experimenting. right now i use my jackson rhoads for metal, my epiphone sg for hard rock and my fender stratocaster for mostly like blues and anything clean but it can do hard rock as well. if i had to lean to a brand i would go with epiphone/gibson since the sg suits me so well.
Right now i'm all ESP, because LTD is good for cheap, and i dont have alot of money, but when i have more money when im older, ill probably have alot of different ones.
Obsession! Obsessive! Obsessed! Abscess!
Quote by drying out
to limit yourself to a certain brand, especially when it comes to guitars is closed minded and stupid.

well said
My Gear:

Fretless Squier P Bass
Ibanez SR400QM
Gallien Krueger 1001RB
Traynor TC410
Digitech Whammy
Boss DD-7
Quote by diofan88
If it's good, it's good

lately i've been dying for a Kramer super strat.

and i mostly stick to Ibanez.

But the other day i played an Epiphone prophecy, and wow!!! it had a nice neck, a bit heftier than my ibbys ( i have 3) and wow did i want to take it home. if i lowered the action on that a tad bit, it would have totally been something i'd fall in love with.

Moral of the story
names = nothing

feel = everything
Yes I think this too, but my guitar stores really screw me over and as such I have to order stuff in, and can't try before I buy.
i buy/play whatever feels good.

brands are irrelevant. even hardware, to a point, is irrelevant. Seeing as you can swap it out for other hardware.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Loyal to a few brands and only a few models of that brand, like:

Gibson les paul
Fender telecaster
BC rich Mockingbird (the better ones)
and Gibson Flying v
All mine are different brands, but I WILL get at least a couple more Carvins. Probably another Fender as well, I need a Tele.
Quote by Kivarenn82
i buy/play whatever feels good.

brands are irrelevant. even hardware, to a point, is irrelevant. Seeing as you can swap it out for other hardware.

Yep. They're just products. Rabid brand loyalty is irrational.
Hi, I'm Peter
If I have played/owned a guitar by one guitar company and it has been of good quality then I won't ONLY try their brand but it means that I will try their guitars out FIRST if I want to buy a new guitar. Because i trust their quality, then I will try other brands.
and I don't care if I live or die,
because I ain't ever going to no other side,
there ain't no heaven and there ain't no hell,
but I am a sinner so it's all just as well
brand loyalty is narrow minded and limiting.

don't ever buy a guitar just because of the brand name - you'll be a lot more satisfied if you just go to a shop and play the guitars that you think will suit you without caring about the brand/model and just buying the one you like best.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
im a fender man myself but ive got an epi les paul and a couple pawn shop guitars floating around too.

ive always been a fan of fender cause they have a pretty good variety of sounds and feel while still all being under the same brand
I usually buy Ibanez, but thats because theyre pretty much all I can afford ATM (I hate not having a job!). But Ive tryed alot of different guitar brands like ESP, BC Rich, Jackson, and Dean. Really been wanting a jackson and an LP with a bigsby lately.
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
i like fender mainly...but i like gibosn as well
what i really ant to try though is an agile, they seem cool

but i feel a bit uncertain about other brnads
Well, i own different brand right now, but that will soon change starting this Jan. Or this Feb.

All hail he MKP army!
"RAWR WIRES >:O"
One more kiss... One more touch...
I miss you, wont you hug me just one last time?

Twitter!!~ Follow Re-follow :P
Well, so far I'm liking one brand as you can see from the sig but that doesn't necessarily mean its the only ones I'd ever use. Problem is, I love the feel and the necks on the early beak headstock Kramers and my 5150 neck is the same way. I picked up a Fender Am. Strat the other day and it just didn't feel right. Charvel I like a lot also, and the fact that they make 1 humbucker/1 volume guitars with a flush mounted Floyd
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
Whatever is good to me is what I buy, but for some reason tend to go for Jacksons. But lately I've been playing some Fernandes, LTD's, and Ibanezes and they feel pretty good.
I NEED TO CHANGE MY USERNAME

• Agile AL-3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/ EMG 57/66
  • ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black w/ Seymour Duncan Blackouts
  • Jet City JCA100HDM w/ Avatar Contemporary 2x12 Cab
  • Seymour Duncan 805 Overdrive
  • Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
  • MXR Smartgate
Narrow minded and limiting? Definitely, in most circumstances... however, having been very open-minded when it came to guitar shopping until I found Suhr I can almost certainly say my next electric will be a Suhr and so will the one after it.
This isn't silly brand loyalty - anyone who's tried one can atest to their quality, regardless of type of guitar.
If a guitar has the specs I want and feels good, it doesn't matter what brand it is.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Yeah, I use different brands...Gibson and Taylor

no, srsly though, I'm up for anything. If the guitar sounds good and it fulfills what I'm looking for, I don't give a shit about the name on the headstock.
im pretty loyal to jackson, even if i only own one, If i ever buy another guitar, its going to be a jackson.
if i was to ever be endorced by a guitar company, it would be jackson.
love them soooooo much.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
If it sounds good, its fun to play, and looks nice, thats what guitar i get. Simple as that.
And with his dieing breath... he yelled....

My son, Rock to hearts desires!
Fender are my favourite brand, but I plan on getting a Les Paul Jr in the near future. I just like a good guitar, I don't care who makes it. Just happens that most of my favourite guitars came from Fender, in terms of sound and design.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
I'm not really loyal to any specific brands, it just happens to be that 95% percent of the time, I end up liking the Fenders and Ibanez's the most out of any group of guitars I find, whether it be at a store or my guitar teachers collection.
- ---------
-- --------
--- -------
---- ------
----- -----
------ ----
------- ---
-------- --
--------- -
I'm sort of brand loyal to Ibanez Prestige. But that's only because they're great quality and have my favorite neck. I don't like regular Ibanez though. The Wizard 2 is nowhere close to the Wizard Prestige. I find it hard to even consider other guitars. And when I do, I realize it's not worth it. Why spend hundreds (or thousands) of dollars on something that you're not going to like as much as something you already have? I wouldn't say I'm brand loyal, but definitely neck loyal. I could care less about the name on the headstock. Put an Wizard Prestige or Super Wizard on any guitar, and I'll probably like it. I do have to admit that I prefer Japanese guitars though.
well i started with washburn as my first guitar, switched to schecter.. i will probally stick with schecter.. but i'm getting an ibanez MTM1 for christmas so that will be my different guitar, otherwise i'll stay with schecter probally
If it feels good, if it sounds good, and if it doesn't look completely retarded - Who gives a shit who's name is on it?
I try to experiment with different products, but it keeps coming back to Dean, not for the DIME models, but their classic stuff. I also enjoy some of their signature stuff, such as the Rusty Cooley and Dave Mustaine models.
If I have an option of guitars, like for recording or if I'm jamming with someone or something, I'll usually give priority to an Ibanez, if available, or a Strat (not a cheap copy though, like standards of Tokai or something).

I'm pretty much "Loyal" to Ibanez, but Fender are also up there. I'm also a sucker for a classy strat.
Page 1 of 3