I have a Yamaha RGX120D, do I need F-spaced pickups or regular spaced?
99% of my posts will probably be entirely misinformed, malformed, malware infested, and... marmalade topped.

Oh, and your tongue is on fire.
F spacing is used on Fenders, Jacksons, and Floyd Rose guitars
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

Aight, thanks.
99% of my posts will probably be entirely misinformed, malformed, malware infested, and... marmalade topped.

Quote by VanTheKraut
F spacing is used on Fenders, Jacksons, and Floyd Rose guitars

Actually alot of guitars have F Spaced pickup these days. This is from DiMarzio's site.

F-Spacing
How do I know which spacing to use?
F-spaced pickups measure 2.01" (51 mm) center-to-center from the first polepiece to the sixth. Standard-spaced pickups measure 1.90" (48 mm).
Although some players believe that F-spaced pickups are only for the bridge position of tremolo bridge guitars, many guitars with fixed bridges (including modern Gibsons, Epiphones and other imported TOM guitars) should have F-spaced pickups in the bridge position. Most tremolo equipped guitars that have a nut width of 1-11/16 (43mm) or more should also use an F-spaced pickup in the neck position. If you’re replacing a bridge-position pickup and you're not sure what your string-spacing is, it's usually better to get an F-spaced model. It is not necessary for the strings to pass exactly over the center of the polepieces for best performance, but it is wise to avoid a situation where the E strings are sitting completely outside of the outer polepieces.
Quote by jdrier21
Seeing as your guitar has a trem on it, then I would say yes.

Sorry, I was away for a while.

Yes as in F-spaces?

If so, would regular be bad?

Both types will work on the guitar and you won't notice
any difference in sound however it is best suggested
to pick the pickup with the correct pole spacing
Ibanez AEL10E BLK- W/ Graph Tech Nut, Saddle and Pins
Duncan Woody XL Pickup w/ stock fishman EQ

Schecter C1+ Darksunburst w/ SH-4 (N) & SH-6 (B) 24.75"
Gain boost Switch
11-14-21w-38w-49w-60w D'Addario strings
ENGL Fireball+Savage+Vader Cab
Well I actually meant to ask this question earlier, but I already bought a DiMarzio Crunch Lab with regular spacing and I just wanted to know if its a waste of money. >.>

Would it make any difference since it's a vintage style trem?

Quote by slashe50
Well I actually meant to ask this question earlier, but I already bought a DiMarzio Crunch Lab with regular spacing and I just wanted to know if its a waste of money. >.>

Would it make any difference since it's a vintage style trem?

No, it will work just fine with a vintage trem. I have used regular spaced pickups on a few Strats with vintage trems. never had a problem, sounds fine to me. The Crunch Lab is also a high output pickup which helps.
Quote by jdrier21
No, it will work just fine with a vintage trem. I have used regular spaced pickups on a few Strats with vintage trems. never had a problem, sounds fine to me. The Crunch Lab is also a high output pickup which helps.

Yes, Duncan specifically claims the spacing doesn't effect sound
however it is best to pick the correct spacing
Ibanez AEL10E BLK- W/ Graph Tech Nut, Saddle and Pins
Duncan Woody XL Pickup w/ stock fishman EQ

Schecter C1+ Darksunburst w/ SH-4 (N) & SH-6 (B) 24.75"
Gain boost Switch
11-14-21w-38w-49w-60w D'Addario strings
ENGL Fireball+Savage+Vader Cab