These are the amps I'm between... So far I'm leaning more towards the Bugera because I feel like it would handle my style better. I predominantly play blues and jam band style music and I'm going to be playing a HSS strat out of whatever amp. Without further nonsense these are the links:

The Superchamp

The V22
Freedom isn't free...

It costs like ten dollars a gram
I cant speak on the Fender, But the Bugera is absolutely amazing. Gorgeous cleans, Beautiful vintage over drive. Its a great amp. It sounds great with single coils, and pretty good with humbuckers. I think its a great amp. Id go for it.
I really liked how the Bugera sounded when I played it...and it would be a better amp if you're gigging.
Bugera for gigs, Fender for home.

And if you have an extra $50 you can get the V55 which, IMHO, is a steal at that price. MUCH louder than the V22 if loudness is a factor, and they're virtually the same thing.
Quote by Flying Couch
What applications do you plan to use it for?

Application would be home jams, practice with a 3 piece band and the slightest chance of gigging
Freedom isn't free...

It costs like ten dollars a gram
Quote by Ndelle94
Application would be home jams, practice with a 3 piece band and the slightest chance of gigging

Bugera then. The Super Champ lays waste to the Bugera when used exclusively for practice and recording, but it's not the best gigging amp there is.
I honestly didn't like the Super Champ at all, highly overrated IMO. I'd take the Bugera every time.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
I had a V22 briefly. It didn't have enough gain for harder modern rock like I wanted but the cleans were really nice. Something was wrong with the one I had as it produced a loud buzz so I ended up returning it and there were no more in stock.
Ihor

<current gear>
Epiphone Les Paul Standard+
PRS SE Custom 22
Washburn D10SK Acoustic
Peavey XXX Super 40
Boss NS-2, TU-2, MT-2, DS-1, SD-1
I don't mean to hijack this thread but I've been looking a lot at the Super Champ lately and I must know if this Bugera amp would be better for a ska band. I think I could talk mumsie and poopsie into spending the extra $50 if it's really that much better of an investment.
Quote by silver93t
I had a V22 briefly. It didn't have enough gain for harder modern rock like I wanted but the cleans were really nice. Something was wrong with the one I had as it produced a loud buzz so I ended up returning it and there were no more in stock.

This is also worth noting. Bugera's QC and reliability issues are legendary. I don't know if you're planning on ordering one or what, but if possible, make sure it works and has no issues before you buy it.
Quote by Helicopters!
I don't mean to hijack this thread but I've been looking a lot at the Super Champ lately and I must know if this Bugera amp would be better for a ska band. I think I could talk mumsie and poopsie into spending the extra $50 if it's really that much better of an investment.

As was said above - it depends on what you want to use it for. Home practice and recording, SC XD. Gigging? Bugera.
Last edited by Flying Couch at Dec 7, 2009,
Quote by JayT44
I honestly didn't like the Super Champ at all, highly overrated IMO. I'd take the Bugera every time.
I'm not sure how an amp that sounds as good as the SCXD and only costs $300 could be considered overrated. If it was $800 then you'd have a case. A lot of people that "try" the SCXD simply don't spend enough time with it to really understand the amp. Not every voice and setting works well with every guitar.
While I'm not sold on the bugeras reliability, I've played it and it's decent for what it is and what you want to do. Also try a Jet City 20 watt head, it would be worth checking out, albeit a one channel job. For $299 it's pretty badass.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by Flying Couch
This is also worth noting. Bugera's QC and reliability issues are legendary. I don't know if you're planning on ordering one or what, but if possible, make sure it works and has no issues before you buy it.

As was said above - it depends on what you want to use it for. Home practice and recording, SC XD. Gigging? Bugera.

silver93 got a Vypyr tube 60, which is what I recommend. Gig, home, record and headphones all in one box.