Page 1 of 8
In your opinion, what do you think were the most dissapointing highly anticipated albums in metal?
any metallica release...

anyways, I was pretty disappointed by Insonium's The day it all came down, I heard so much good about it.
The Unspoken King, though I wasn't anticipating it that much. Still a huge disappointment though.
Last edited by Guitarmike123 at Dec 6, 2009,
^Yeah, I don't think anyone was actually expecting it to be any good

New Pestilence was painfully dire. Again, don't know why I was expecting any better.
I gotta agree with the 90's metallica albums....

But if i had to pick one album, it would have to be "Hear in the Now Frontier" (1997) by Queensryche. That has to be one of the most go-awful albums ive ever heard. 15 tracks of straight Garbage.
Pestilence - Resurrection Macabre

absolutely painful to listen to...
My Rig:
Yamaha RBX 375 bass
Peavey Millenium BXP bass (won at Summer Slaughter 2010, signed by all the bands)
Eden Nemesis NC410 320w combo amp
Check out Tyrannicide, my death/thrash metal band:
http://www.myspace.com/tyrannicidemetal
anything from dio
Roses are red
Voilets are blue
The only bulge in my pocket is my wallet
No i'm not happy to see you
90's Metallica albums were up there, but Death Magnetic took the cake. I listened to all the 80's ones, thought Metallica was the balls. I strayed away from the 90's ones and St. Anger from what I had heard.
I heard Metallica was going "BACK TO THEIR ROOTS-AH" for Death Magnetic. I listened to the CD. I payed for the CD out of my own pocket. I genuinely TRIED to like it. Do you know how depressing it is when you TRY to make something good that flat out sucks?
Sigh... What a cold day...
ESP LTD EX400
Epi Explorer
Peavey JSX
Egnater Cab
DD7;NS2;ML2;RC20XL;BCB60;FS6;PH3
ISP Decimator
KH Wah
Pocket POD
Simmons SD9K

Quote by TheBodomBullet

Thank you, you've all been very informative and helpful (except you Mr_CiNiC, f*ck you.)
Love you too, babe.
just about every melodeath band I see getting praise up its ass, including Insomnium post-Since The Day It All Came Down
Dragonforce: TTFATF and Ultra beatdown were both so disappointing after they released 2 flawless albums.
Sonata Arctica: Unia was a joke.
Celesty: Legacy of Hate
Power Quest: Master of Illusion
Kamelot: Ghost opera

So many good bands, so many terrible decisions.
Future prediction: I don't want it to come true but the new wintersun album (if it ever gets finished) will most likely suck do to how long of a wait we have been on, the anticipation will lead to great disappointment
Jackson RR3 - BKP Painkiller/Warpig
Bugera 333XL 212
Pod Studio UX1
MXR Smart Gate
Hardwire CM-2
Quote by silent caution
anything from dio

Free your mind and your ass will follow
The kingdom of heaven is within
Open up your funky mind and you can fly

Sumdeus
Quote by nevermore97
megadeths endgame and risk

Yeah, Risk was ****ing TERRIBLE. It's excrutiatingly painful to listen to.
90's Metallica..Risk from Megadeth,cause it did not have the Megadeth sound. As Dave Mustaine has said,he should have made it a solo album..Anything from BFMV,though that is not metal..
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

Most people who say Metallica or Megadeth weren't there anticipating for those albums to get released only to find them disappointing...
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

Does the new Master's Hammer count? Can't say it was anticipated, as I only found out about it yesterday...

Sumdeus
I'm surprised Reinkaos hasn't had a mention yet.
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
To me personally, Watershed by Opeth was kind of disappointing. After hearing all their previous albums only a year before Watershed, my expectations were kind of high. Not the biggest disappointment of all time though.
Quote by BringMeTheCalm
Last night I had a dream that I bought The Mantle on vinyl for $9.99 and it came with a DVD and shirt...

Then I woke up and life sucked.
Megadeth's Endgame was hyped up to be their best release since Rust In Peace (Whch I find painful to listen to, as well) and it actually made me feel a little queasy listening to it, and I'm dead serious. I cannot bear to sit through even Dialectic Chaos.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Quote by Guitarmike123
The Unspoken King, though I wasn't anticipating it that much. Still a huge disappointment though.

That goes without saying

Quote by Dyer's Eve
I'm surprised Reinkaos hasn't had a mention yet.

Hehe, my favourite past time is singing Jon's incantations from that album
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
Villanden by Trollfest

It's an ok album but I was obsessed with Brakebein and thought that it would be as good
Quote by the_white_bunny
your just a simpleton that cant understand strategy apparently.

Quote by the_white_bunny
all hail king of the penis sucking(i said balls. you said dick for some reason?) Isabiggles
also I think Divinity of Oceans could fit this. Just cause I was expecting something even more terrifying and heavy than their 1st one, but instead it was an amazingly melancholy release.

Sumdeus
Pretty much anything Master released after "On the Seventh Day..." and Pain of Salvation's Scarsick.
Operation Mindcrime 2 also by Queensryche. It was essential to figure out the rest of the story, but the music was just terrible....
Quote by Mr_CiNiC
90's Metallica albums were up there, but Death Magnetic took the cake. I listened to all the 80's ones, thought Metallica was the balls. I strayed away from the 90's ones and St. Anger from what I had heard.
I heard Metallica was going "BACK TO THEIR ROOTS-AH" for Death Magnetic. I listened to the CD. I payed for the CD out of my own pocket. I genuinely TRIED to like it. Do you know how depressing it is when you TRY to make something good that flat out sucks?
Sigh... What a cold day...

At least you didn't fork out for the coffin boxset!

I will have to agree with this^
Scarsick was dissapointing. But I soon learned to love it. Strangely.

Eluveitie's second album. Third album. Fourth album. Gah.
Asmegin's second.
Aghora's Formless.
Arcturus's Sideshow Symphonies.
Metallica's St. Anger, because that's what I was around to attempt to anticipate. I was just a wee lad.
Ayreon's 01011001
Behemoth's The Apostasy
Cannibal Corpse's Evisceration Plague (mind you, like some of the above mentions, it's not bad. Just not up to the standards I set for them)
Cryptopsy's The Unspoken King
Dream Theater's latest pile of shit (I was still blindly hopeful back then)
Pestilence's Resurrection Macabre (Jesus christ, what a load of shit. Did Tony Choy play on this? Jesus christ on a pogo stick)
Obituary's Darkest Day
Psycroptic's Observant and Symbols of Failure
Suffocation's s/t and Souls to Deny
Woods of Ypres' 3rd and 4th album.
Megadeth's United Abominations. I wasn't expecting anything for Endgame, so it sucked like I thought it would.

That's all I can think of.
I've found Jesus
Quote by NosferatuZodd09
just about every melodeath band I see getting praise up its ass, including Insomnium post-Since The Day It All Came Down

You didn't like AtWW? I personally loved it. Not a fan of across the dark though :/
Quote by severed-metal
Come to think of it, my penis should've listened to more death metal.

Quote by Morphogenesis26
So my question is. Can Pre-Cum fluid pass through my underwear, my jeans, onto and through her jeans, through her underwear, and impregnate her?
i suppose ithyphallic by nile. ESPECIALLY after AOTW. not actually that bad, but real let down compared to their earlier stuff. TWTGD makes up for it tho
People think that entertainers are very different from regular people, but we're not. You work hard for your money, we work hard for your money -Gene Simmons

Seven String Legion

Quote by ctfod
Ov Bone and the Marrow

Interpret, Adapt, Overcome.
Quote by CG Man16
You didn't like AtWW? I personally loved it. Not a fan of across the dark though :/

I personally find it boring as hell.