This next year I'm going to upgrade all my gear. New amp, new guitar, everything. So I've decided to come to UG for suggestions. My budget is $1000. The music I play ranges every where from scale the summit to dream theater and any other prog band really. So I need really good cleans and a really good distortion. It can be a combo or a head as long as you recomend a cab that I can get with it that will be in my budget. Thanks in advance!
Blue Red Yellow Green
Used Mesa Mark III
Mesa DC series
Mesa F series
Mesa Nomad
Peavey XXX
Peavey Ultra
Peavey 3120 (used)
Peavey VTM (single channel, cleans up well with volume knob)

As for cabs:

Used Mesa 2x12 or 4x12
Used Orange 2x12 or 4x12
Vader 2x12 or 4x12
Mills 2x12 or 4x12
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
By "all of my gear", do you mean guitar, amp AND pedals, or just guitar and amp?

Also, next year is a while away, and most of the good stuff at great prices are on the used market, which changes weekly. I'd wait until you're absolutely ready to buy your new gear, then check Craigslist, eBay, and MAYBE your local GC.
Quote by phlip999
By "all of my gear", do you mean guitar, amp AND pedals, or just guitar and amp?

Also, next year is a while away, and most of the good stuff at great prices are on the used market, which changes weekly. I'd wait until you're absolutely ready to buy your new gear, then check Craigslist, eBay, and MAYBE your local GC.

Sorry about that, yeah i just meant guitar and amp not pedals.
Blue Red Yellow Green