i bought it and im waiting to get it. but i changed my guitar preference just a little bit. i began playing cleaner stuff alot more often. i want a sound like rchp...Do you guys think that this amp can get me a sound like that? also what guitar for around 400-500 can be good for stuff like as i mentioned before, red hot chili peppers, protest the hero, and jazZ? thanks
If your main focus is RHCP... no I would say get a different amp. If you play mostly stuff like Protest the Hero, the 6505+ combo will do alright, you're not going to get the greatest RHCP tone, but it will be decent if you're not playing it seriously. I wouldn't even touch a 6505 for Jazz though.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
What amps around that range can be good then that can give me a protest the hero and rhcp achievement?
I say the classic 30.
Great amp.

Or maybe a Roland jazz chorus(not just for jazz)
Quote by 23:50 inbleach
can't i just eat the fucking cactus?

Quote by WildChicken
Go suck a cat westdyolf!

Quote by Cat Of Pain
So, West...

I hear you'll suck my cat...

Ill suck your cat
PEACE LOVE PANCAKES
call me zach

chocolate chip pancakes!
+1 for Classic 30.

Also, a Bugera V55 would be able to get the clean/slightly distorted tones you're looking for, but would need a pedal for anything heavier. You may also want to look into some used Vox combos, maybe a Marshall or two.
I've got a Vox Vt-100, and it'll do both RHCP and Protest easily, but, I'd recommend getting an EQ pedal with it, as the amp lacks a bit in the high end.
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez SV5470F, Ibanez Xpt700, Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster ('04-'05), Jackson Ps-2
Ashton AG200,
Amps: ENGL E530, Bugera 6262-212,
FX: TC Electronics G-major 2, Behringer EQ700, Morley Volume / Wah