-Silverburst Epiphone Les Paul Custom
-Squier Stratocaster
Pedals
-Ibanez TS9DX Turbo Tube Screamer
-Fender PT-100
-MXR Phase 90
-Fuzz Face Clone
-MXR Carbon Copy
Digital pedals have digital chips in them, so your signal gets turned into ones and zeroes and then back again.

Analog pedals don't.

Many times, especially if there's bad analog-digital conversion, digital pedals will have a distinctive cold or processed sound quality to them.
imagine a soft curve being sampled.....like instead of a continuous line u get (very close) dots as close as possible. Some ppl like it some dont. Love hate thing I guess.
Last edited by Wiintruder at Dec 6, 2009,
We're studying analog/digital conversion signals in my engineering class right now, and from my minimal comprehension (please correct me if I'm wrong) is that an Analog signal is simply a continuous, unaltered, natural signal. A digital signal is a discrete signal, so it is read in increments and altered. The signal is read in 1s and 0s and then outputted according to the alteration.

In pedal land, the signal going through an analog pedal would be untouched and the signal would remain true and unaltered from input to output. A signal going through a digital pedal will be converted into 1s and 0s where the signal will be altered and then the new signal will result (i.e. digital delay or some kind of effect).

Hope that helps.
Quote by DrButterfunk
We're studying analog/digital conversion signals in my engineering class right now, and from my minimal comprehension (please correct me if I'm wrong) is that an Analog signal is simply a continuous, unaltered, natural signal. A digital signal is a discrete signal, so it is read in increments and altered. The signal is read in 1s and 0s and then outputted according to the alteration.

Thats right....and the amplitudes of the discrete samples are converted to binary.
Quote by DrButterfunk
In pedal land, the signal going through an analog pedal would be untouched and the signal would remain true and unaltered from input to output.
This is of course not true. If it were, I would be pretty upset that I spent good money to have my signal unaltered.
Quote by fly135
This is of course not true. If it were, I would be pretty upset that I spent good money to have my signal unaltered.

I was trying to communicate that the signal is not broken apart into segments