hey guys, for a marshall jtm45, what are some ways that i could get it to get that cranked sounded earlier? i was looking at this http://davidbrayamps.com/pleximod.html
altho its kind expensive. anyways you guys can think of that will give me that sound without affecting the tone too much? thanks!
You could pull tubes. That'll reduce the wattage, and thereby get you the cranked sound earlier.
Quote by anubiz03
You could pull tubes. That'll reduce the wattage, and thereby get you the cranked sound earlier.

You cant do that on all amps though, and if it will work, it has to be either the inner our outer 2, and it affects the output impedance as well.
Dont pull tubes, does all sorts of nasty things to the amp without modification.

As far as EQ goes, boosting the midrange often increases saturation. lower the volume and place an Overdrive/EQ before the preamp will push the preamp harder? i dunno if thats what your going for though.

The only other option is to attenuate.
Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson Explorer New Century
Gibson RD Artist
Fender American Standard Telecaster

Amps:

Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM800 2203 - 1960A

Pedals:

Crybaby 535Q
Rockbox Boiling Point Overdrive
Last edited by R.D at Dec 6, 2009,
Get an attenuator.

Quote by dullsilver_mike
The resonant frequency of the clitoris is too low for the guitar players to take care of.

Quote by jackers1234
you sir, have just won for this statement. =D

Young Knees
Don't bother with attentuators, get a post phase-inverter master volume installed.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Quote by sashki
Link the channels. Use a short patch cable to connect the second input of channel 1 to the first input of channel 2.

doesn't really get you more gain at lower volumes.