ok so 6505+ combo against b-52 at-112,
what i think:
6505+
-better for metal,not a really good clean sound,sounds not so good quiet,its a peavey so the quality is probably good.the only thing that drags me down is the clean sound.

At-112
-good clean,distortion is ok i think it can do all types of metal,sounds good quiet,but the major thing that i dont like about it is quality.i guess they dont break down like bugera but they a pretty bad record..

my music style: from Tool,In flames,deftones,bfmv,killswitch, to punk and alternative stuff like cky,Ratm and grunge-smashing pumpkins.

ownerz please enlighten me,what amps suits me best?im playing on a schecter hellraiser!

ps. dont give me any other amps cuz im done looking ,this 6505+ or at-112
Last edited by davor2705 at Dec 6, 2009,
Seriously, why do so many people hate on bugera. It was one batch that was faulty, geez lol.

The choice depends on how much clean you do. Lots of clean? Dont get the peavey. Although the cleans arent THAT bad...
ProTone Pedals: Attack Overdrive
Fractal Audio: AxeFX 2
Engl: Fireball 60
Zilla: Fatboy 2x12
Carvin: DC700
Carvin: Vader 7
Schecter: KM-7 MKii
Schecter: Banshee 8 Passive
Jackson: DK2M
An EQ in the loop and a chorus pedal up front and the 6505+'s cleans arn't bad at all. They are useable anyway. I'd get that amp first anyday. Finding a good clean tone is MUCH easier than finding a great stock high gain tone. You could always add a used Fender or something in the future if the cleans just arn't doing it for you.
tough call

I really like the B52 AT series (and the 6500s) but the B52 seems more versatile to me despite not being quite as heavy. I think most of the quality issues with the B52 are resolved. I know you don't want anymore suggestions but I'll suggest the Vypyr 60 anyway.
I vote B52.

It has quite nice cleans, and it can easily do metal, but the 6505 cleans are meh at best usually.

B52 would be more cost efficent than the 6505 an EQ, and a chorus pedal
Quote by 23:50 inbleach
can't i just eat the fucking cactus?

Quote by WildChicken
Go suck a cat westdyolf!

Quote by Cat Of Pain
So, West...

I hear you'll suck my cat...

Ill suck your cat
PEACE LOVE PANCAKES
call me zach

chocolate chip pancakes!
Well both would sound good quiet because they both rely on pre-amp gain.

I vote B-52, you get good cleans, good high-gain and since it cost less you could spend the money you would have spent on the Peavey on an EQ and an OD pedal.

B-52 + EQ & OD pedals > Stock 6505+ combo
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...
i dont know really ,i was almost all into peavey.i dont know now for sure.damn this amp-search is taking too long,i need to make a decision!!
Oh i must say,that in my country both amps cost the same.so the price is not what makes them different for me its all the same!
i just think the voicing of the B52 fits what you play better.

There are not a lot of B52 ATs out there that I am aware of, so my hunch is you could probably sell it for as much as you are paying for it and maybe even more.
Quote by westdyolf
I vote B52.

It has quite nice cleans, and it can easily do metal, but the 6505 cleans are meh at best usually.

B52 would be more cost efficent than the 6505 an EQ, and a chorus pedal

+1

I loved my B52 (I had the head version). The cleans on it are going to be much better than the 6505...even if you buy and EQ and chorus for it. Great amps for the money.

Quote by pigeonmafia
Seriously, why do so many people hate on bugera. It was one batch that was faulty, geez lol.

Must've been a huge batch
Last edited by eyebanez333 at Dec 7, 2009,
i focuse more on Tool/In flames like sounds.guess the b-52 suits more tool stuff and 6505 in flames(they do play them). they both cost the same in croatia and b-52 is cheaper in U.S.A.is there a reason the 6505+ combo is more expensive?i mean price rises with quality.
Quote by pigeonmafia

My friend has had his 333XL replaced 3 times so far... it wasn't just the first batch.

People are always bagging on how bad the cleans on the 5150/6505s are. They're not the greatest cleans, but they're definitely usable. Anyone who can decently EQ an amp should be able to get a decent clean tone out of them Same with the versatility... 5150s are MUCH more versatile than people give them credit for.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Da'am, I thought it was just one batch.

My bad!
ProTone Pedals: Attack Overdrive
Fractal Audio: AxeFX 2
Engl: Fireball 60
Zilla: Fatboy 2x12
Carvin: DC700
Carvin: Vader 7
Schecter: KM-7 MKii
Schecter: Banshee 8 Passive
Jackson: DK2M
I thought they fixed it in the 09 models?

Either way, i just got a 6505 212, and i tell you what that baby can SCREAM, the cleans are useable, and i dont even have an EQ or chorus pedal yet, still sounds like, a metalish clean though? if that makes sense,

well worth the investment, it growls
can i achieve tool-type distortion and sound with 6505+?im seeing all this guys playing really brutal bands with the 6505+ and tool isnt quite that brutal (cannibal corpse ...etc).

i have a fender frontman 15r too ,so i guess im gonna me using it when i desire some really clean stuff.

the thing is i wanna play heavy stuff (killswitch,trivium,) and alternative stuff (audioslav,tool ,ratm,smashing pump.) im certain it can do the first but im troubled by the rest!
Quote by MatrixClaw
My friend has had his 333XL replaced 3 times so far... it wasn't just the first batch.

People are always bagging on how bad the cleans on the 5150/6505s are. They're not the greatest cleans, but they're definitely usable. Anyone who can decently EQ an amp should be able to get a decent clean tone out of them Same with the versatility... 5150s are MUCH more versatile than people give them credit for.

This. Some proper EQing yields nice clean tones from the 6505+. Also, let's not forget your guitar's volume knobs as well as your attack determine's your sound. If you turn on the clean channel with the Pre dimed and expecting to bang away with a flailing pick hand like an emo r0x0r you're not going to be happy with the clean tone. A clean tone from this amp is not handed to you. You have to coax it with EQing and finesse.

With the Pre on 6 you can get both good clean and crunch tones, good enough for Tool and Audioslave applications. The lead channel can handle everything else.
Tastes like chicken, if chicken was a candy.
Last edited by ConfederateAxe at Dec 7, 2009,
see thats the problem, not everyone knows how to EQ properly.

people are liek dum de dum de doo everythang to 11!!!!!
Quote by 23:50 inbleach
can't i just eat the fucking cactus?

Quote by WildChicken
Go suck a cat westdyolf!

Quote by Cat Of Pain
So, West...

I hear you'll suck my cat...

Ill suck your cat
PEACE LOVE PANCAKES
call me zach

chocolate chip pancakes!
Quote by davor2705
can i achieve tool-type distortion and sound with 6505+?im seeing all this guys playing really brutal bands with the 6505+ and tool isnt quite that brutal (cannibal corpse ...etc).

i have a fender frontman 15r too ,so i guess im gonna me using it when i desire some really clean stuff.

the thing is i wanna play heavy stuff (killswitch,trivium,) and alternative stuff (audioslav,tool ,ratm,smashing pump.) im certain it can do the first but im troubled by the rest!

For that, my vote goes towards the B-52. IMO, the 6505 would be great for mainly metal, but something like smashing pumpkins is pretty far off from it's strengths.
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
what i buy a the 6505+ and invest some money in it.change the sheffield speaker into with a v30,and buy a chorus,delay and a eq.im gonna buy effects sooner or later cuz i love playing with them (tom morello ) .its should give me more versatility then?a and improve the clean alot?
IMO, it depends on how important cleans are to you. That's not to say you can't clean up a 6505 combo with something like the Detox EQ though.
Ibanez RGT42DX
Vox AC30C2
Digitech Whammy (FOR SALE!)
Dunlop GCB-95F Crybaby
Boss DD-20
Boss SD-1
Ibanez TS9DX
MXR M-108 10 Band EQ
1. Bugera doesn't shit out anymore dude stop hatin on em

2. I think the AT-112 got discontinued?
Quote by Ikey
im no fred flintstone but i can sure make the bed rock

MY GEAR!

Epiphone Futura Custom EX
Randall RG75DG3 Combo Amp
MXR 10-Band EQ
Oscar Schmidt OG10CEN

howya doin
^there are documented cases of new Bugera's having issues. Are the OT clips being soldered these days? Yes, probably.

I see the B52 ATs in limited numbers but I did not hear they were discontinued. I see them right here...

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Page-1.gc?src=b52&o=2&ipp=15

Actually, when I typed 'Bugera' just now on GC I got nothing

I see Bugera's on Musiciansfriend but not the 333x and 626x.
Can some tell whats wrong with the prices here in europe(croatia) and in USA.
It seems the 6505+ is like 150$ cheaper than the b-52 at-112 here.In USA the b-52 is cheaper.why?