Ok, im 15 and I have been playing acoustic guitar for almost 2 years, so i decided it was time to move up to an electric.

I decided to get a epiphone les paul standard, but I am not quite sure what i want for an amp.

I already purchased Native Instruments Guitar Rig SESSION Full, and i have multiple amplitube programs, so i dont need an amp with too many effects.

I dont need anything too loud, because im not going to be able to play too loudly in my room/basement. However, i want something with a decent amount of volume, so if i get a band together, i can play small shows.

That being said I tried out a Fender Frontman II 25R in my cousins basement, i thought it was great, however its pretty much the only amp i have played on exempt my other friends extremely cheap amp. I dont want to go out and by a good expensive amp simply because i don't need one.

So what do you think i should get?
possible choices:
-Fender Frontman II 25R
-Fender FM25DSP (is the 30 extra dollars worth it?)
-or any other amp you suggest around that price range.
CHANGED MY MIND BASED ON RESPONSE:
Peavey Vypyr 15 15W 1x8 Guitar Combo Amp or Roland Cube 15X Guitar Combo Amp

Thanks in advanced for the help!

EDIT: price range 99-150 dollars

EDIT:
can someone please give me the reason why i should avoid Fender Frontman.

i want to play a wide range of music, from pop to metal.
Last edited by magickosta at Dec 6, 2009,
Both those amps are bullocks, what kind of music do you play?
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
Whats your price range?
Gear:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio Cherry Sunburst w/ Alnico Pro II
-1960 Yamaha Orange Sticker Acoustic
-Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401
-Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
-Blackstar HT-5RH
well i dont know what that price range is but i would suggest a line 6 spider or something like that.
Gear
Guitars
Epiphone SG G-400
IBANEZ S470DXQM

Amps
Vox Valvetronix VT30
Marshall MS-2 Micro Stack

Pedals
Zakk Wylde ZW 45 Cry Baby Wah
Boss Metal Zone MT-2
Quote by rabguitarlegend
well i dont know what that price range is but i would suggest a line 6 spider or something like that.

Uh oh, he's gonna get flamed
By the info you've given me that you have a LP, and are looking at fender amps, am I safe to assume you don't play much metal or high gain music?

If so,
Look into the Vox AC4TV. Sweet cleans, creamy od (and does get pretty heavy too.)
Not too loud, not too expensive by my terms anyway.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
can someone please give me the reason why i should avoid Fender Frontman. and yes i was thinking about running it through it, once again im a beginner.

i want to play a wide range of music, from pop to metal. haha
Last edited by magickosta at Dec 6, 2009,
My first suggestion would be a Peavey Vypr. They're loud enough and have all the "cool" effects to keep you busy for a while until your ear for sound grows. Best bang for the buck if you ask me.

Or a Fender Super Champ XD. Organic tube sound for $299 is tough to beat.
Gear:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio Cherry Sunburst w/ Alnico Pro II
-1960 Yamaha Orange Sticker Acoustic
-Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401
-Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
-Blackstar HT-5RH
my advice is that if you already have those programs, what you should get is this http://www.sjmediasystem.com/usb-14-10.html plus these http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/product/Sennheiser-HD-202-Intense-Stereo-Headphones?sku=242412 so that you can plug your guitar into the computer and use the programs. if you're just starting to play electric, i wouldn't think too much about starting a band yet
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Quote by IdntNedUrCvlWar

Or a Fender Super Champ XD. Organic tube sound for $299 is tough to beat.

+1 its extremely versatile.

I'll throw in the Vox Valvetronix series as well.
G&L Tribute S-500 -> Ernie Ball VP -> Boss SD-1 -> Fulltone OCD -> Small Stone Phaser -> Danelectro Cool Cat Tremolo -> Boss DD-3 -> Boss RE-20 -> TC Electronic Hall of Reverb -> Boss RC-2 -------> Modded Crate v18 Amp

www.wearewerebear.com
you can get the cube...if you dont want to be loud enough to play in your room....it has a power squeezer.....i own the 20x
Quote by tr3nt
Look into the Vox AC4TV. Sweet cleans, creamy od (and does get pretty heavy too.)
Not too loud, not too expensive by my terms anyway.

+1
also has a build in attenuator so you can turn down the wattage to 1/4 watt, 1 watt or 4 watt so you can get that amazing tube drive at lower house friendly volumes also cheack the vox valvetronix im not normally a fan of modelling amps but these ones kick ass
good luck on making your choice!
Quote by Pr0gNut
How dare you get all philosophical with logic and reasoning! This UG Sir,where one must blindly yell out opinions then viciously attack anyone who disagrees with said opinions.