Long story short; Buddy's got a way old peavey backstage 30 using a 10 inch speaker. My spider 15W has a 10 inch speaker. No way in hell the Line 6 will top the peavey. Line 6 is losing a speaker.

While I'm ripping the speaker out, I'm wondering what else I can do in the way of customizing it. Are there any mods out there I can attempt as far as making it sound a little bit better than crap?
Quote by fly135
Great list Rutch. On re-reading this one I'd have to say Solid State means not liquid or gas.

I figured it out.
no
MIJ Rhoads Pro '90
Epi LP Prophecy GX + LP Custom Maple EMGs
MIJ Soloist XL '93 =]
MIJ Fender Strat Kahler
Squire tele '94?
Warlock platinum '90? old shape

Laney VC15

Jackhammer
TRADES????
Well, try to find out if there's a way to take out the digital components and hook it up to your computer. Try to load a different amp simulation software from Line 6 on to it. I have a Spider and I use the Line 6 Gearbox, and the Gearbox sounds much better. Try going to the Line 6 forums and seeing if there's any extensive modding you can do like that.
It would make a terrible preamp.

That you could pawn, for 6 dollars or so.
Quote by Steve46
thanks alot ice condition!! your the breast!

The best bosom in all of UG.
Not really anything you can do to it.
Just call me Bobby
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by mikeyElite
you build guitars worthy of sexual favors

Quote by Invader Jim
if this party gets any livelier a funeral is gonna break out.
sell it to n00b
save the earned money
and get a better amp
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Aren't all the Line 6's digital? There's not much potential there. You should mod out the Peavey if anything.

I've got a Peavey Blazer 158 practice amp I'm planning on using for a 'How to improve a practice amp' thread/tutorial.
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by handbanana
wiliscool is just plain dumb
an axe through the middle might be an improvement?

and on a more serious note
you could just desolder the whole thing and use the bits off it.
for example, if it has a couple of jacks you could take them, add a momentary push button switch and you have the components for a killswitch pedal :P
Don't waste your time trying to get out the components. How do you think they make them so cheaply?
I would either try to sell it, or remove the amp section altogether and replace the speaker and just use it as an extension cab.
Quote by cedricsmods
Don't waste your time trying to get out the components. How do you think they make them so cheaply?
I would either try to sell it, or remove the amp section altogether and replace the speaker and just use it as an extension cab.

+1 to selling it

even if he needs an extention cab, selling the spider should cover the cost of a new speaker and wood to throw together a little 112.

win-win

..sorta
Its digital so don't go exploring. You will find that a lot of the components are the size of pinheads and one accidentally charged component will ruin the whole thing. Line 6s die the way computers die, without warning and typically from one tiny little component malfunctioning. Not worth the effort.
Am I bassist that plays guitar, or a guitarist that plays bass? A guitar in a bass amp, a bass in a guitar amp?