Now first of all, when I mean Sepultura, I mean 1996 and before. Anyway, the point of this thread is this...I love Sepultura, and I've always wondered why they aren't as well known as they should be. I realize not everyone listens to metal, but they are really heavy and have a lot of badass riffs, so I was just wanting to know from the people who dislike Sepultura...

...what is it that you don't like about them? I'm curious to know.
the name, how people put their thread in the wrong forum section. And the name of the fan who likes them.
I'm pretty sure people who don't listen to metal don't care if they have badass heavy riffs.

And they get very repetitive, it could be as heavy as fuck for all I care but I need some melody in my metal.
🙈 🙉 🙊
So the Arise, Schizophrenia, Beneath the Remains, or Chaos AD album means nothing?

I mean, I wish I knew another way to explain their music, but all I can think of is HEAVY. Like in "From The Past Comes The Storms". That song is insanely awesome.
B&A, dude.

*reported* for move

Also, I dunno what you're chatting about, Sepultura are very well known and more importantly, I think pretty influential.
Quote by ChucklesMginty
It's nothing personal, it's just I like listening to music.

STFU & GTFO

And if you mean, TS, by "well known", why aren't all the preteen girls screaming over Sepultura...well, it's simple...they're dumb...

Seriously, it's cuz society doesn't appreciate good metal. They never have. Even in the 80's, true Metal (not that fake Hair "Metal") was something most people didn't listen to. Society is a screwed up place, man.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
STFU & GTFO

And if you mean, TS, by "well known", why aren't all the preteen girls screaming over Sepultura...well, it's simple...they're dumb...

Seriously, it's cuz society doesn't appreciate good metal. They never have. Even in the 80's, true Metal (not that fake Hair "Metal") was something most people didn't listen to. Society is a screwed up place, man.

ever consider some people don't like metal?
Quote by Justified Death
So the Arise, Schizophrenia, Beneath the Remains

all better than metallicas releases
Roots was utter shit.

Beneath the Remains is their best album, also an amazing thrash album.
*A list of all my gear*

Varg/J Mascis/GG Allin are all the same person.

There are two types of people in this world: people who like Bolt Thrower, and people who suck.

Death by diamonds and pearls.
Quote by Justified Death
Now first of all, when I mean Sepultura, I mean 1996 and before. Anyway, the point of this thread is this...I love Sepultura, and I've always wondered why they aren't as well known as they should be. I realize not everyone listens to metal, but they are really heavy and have a lot of badass riffs, so I was just wanting to know from the people who dislike Sepultura...

...what is it that you don't like about them? I'm curious to know.

You know, there's a difference between a band being unknown and disliked. You can't seem to make up your mind which you're asking about. Sepultura are neither. Are they as well known as Metallica or Megadeth? No. Are they a phenomenally influential band? Yes.

*reported* because this thread does not belong here (and honestly probably shouldn't be made in the metal forum either).

Edit - Whoops, just saw that it's been reported already. Apologies.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Last edited by DaddyTwoFoot at Dec 6, 2009,
They're really heavy with badass riffs?

Ever considered some people like music that isn't heavy and badass? Just a thought
Quote by CaptainCanti
it wouldn't surprise me if UG goes down within the next couple months, along with other privately owned sites

December 14, 2017