Poll Options
View poll results: Should I...
Keep Vista
10 9%
Upgrade to 7
99 91%
Voters: 109.
Page 1 of 2
I have the free Acer upgrade kit sitting in front of me. I have no idea what to expect with 7 and have only had Vista for less than a year. Is it a worthwile upgrade or should I sell and continue on with Vista?
Quote by Jearl

...dont play Fender just because its Fender.

Gear:
Ibanez SZ520QM
Peavey Rotor EXP
Squier Bullet (heavily modified)
Mesa Roadster Head & 2x12 cab
Go for it, how did you get your acer one by the way?
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
windows 7 raped my mother and killed my computer
Quote by -Collapse-
Oh, hello mister tracer! Lets dance!
Quote by CodySG
And we all poop in the sandwiches!

New Drug Chat, Eh? CLICK HERE

pass: misterhoffman
I highly enjoy it. You got it for free, you might as well use it. It's similar to Vista, but it's been tightened up more.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
It's very awesome, go for it.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Venice King
Go for it, how did you get your acer one by the way?

http://www.acer.com/windows7upgrade/

There's the link, I bought mine between the dates they specified to be eligible for the upgrade.
Quote by Jearl

...dont play Fender just because its Fender.

Gear:
Ibanez SZ520QM
Peavey Rotor EXP
Squier Bullet (heavily modified)
Mesa Roadster Head & 2x12 cab
7 is basically just a better version of Vista with a few extra goodies.

By all means, go for it
Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"
I've been using it for about 3 weeks now, I like it.
Without a good harmonic knowledge, one cannot expect to become a great jazz soloist ~ Horace Silver

Quote by dietermoreno
Is it possible for 6 string guitar to tune lower than drop C and scales still work?
Vista is crap, but when have you not been dissapointed with a Windows suite. Hope this helps. Your guess is as good as mine. 4 1/2 star my ****ing ass.
Once We Were Anarchists
Quote by poopsmith666
windows 7 raped my mother and killed my computer

i remember this guy complaining in the computer thread, really he fvcked up his settings and then blamed windows for the problems, ignore his post.

and it is so much better then vista, go for it
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
Last edited by JimmyBanks6 at Dec 6, 2009,
^ How the **** did he manage to **** his computer up with settings?

Quote by BuckleyFanTom
get rid of the acer, their shit

I couldn't help but laugh.

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Quote by osXtiger
^ How the **** did he manage to **** his computer up with settings?

I couldn't help but laugh.

he turned off hte bottom right tray, and there were a few other things that he turned off

then he blamed windows because he couldnt get them back, there was something else too which i cant remember what the problem was. from what i remember im pretty sure it sounded like a virus from what i remember of his discription, i forget
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
Just a word of warning, I literally just upgraded to 7 from Vista on my lappy today, and every time it starts up, I get a bsod and it reboots. Luckily I'm dual-booting Ubuntu, but... just be careful.

FU Microsoft.
Quote by :Vicious--
how did u guys get from pit flags to mace windu raping kids using an ice cream truck

Quote by -Vogel-
"Don't touch my buttsecks"
free? sure.
Wouldn't pay for it if I had vista though.

I have both for free
Been in Japan since August, no fucking money left!
Quote by guitar999111
Just a word of warning, I literally just upgraded to 7 from Vista on my lappy today, and every time it starts up, I get a bsod and it reboots. Luckily I'm dual-booting Ubuntu, but... just be careful.

FU Microsoft.

weird, might be some compatibility issues with some of your hardware. can you boot it in safe mode?
Quote by Gmp
weird, might be some compatibility issues with some of your hardware. can you boot it in safe mode?

Nope. Safe mode crashes too. I'm at a loss as to what to do. I'll make a thread for it tho, so as not to derail this one but thanks for the input.
Quote by :Vicious--
how did u guys get from pit flags to mace windu raping kids using an ice cream truck

Quote by -Vogel-
"Don't touch my buttsecks"
Quote by guitar999111
Nope. Safe mode crashes too. I'm at a loss as to what to do. I'll make a thread for it tho, so as not to derail this one but thanks for the input.

try this.
Boot with the cd in, start the CD's repair and get to the command board bit. I can't remember the exact way but it's pretty straight forward. Just follow the breadcrums.

Then, when you are there and can type freely type in dskchk or chkdsk (can never remember)
It's repair the disk and in my experience solves problems 50% of the time.

Let me know how it worked out if you try it.
*ahem*

Quote by Wikipedia.org
These nouns are often used with a form of "to be" rather than "to have," e.g., "he is pwnage" rather than "he has pwnage". Either is a more emphatic way of expressing the simpler "he pwns,"
Quote by Wylde_Guitarist
*ahem*

so, in a thread that asks if it's worth upgrading to a newer version on Windows for free, you recommend he spend money on a £1000 new computer?

I think Mac's 'slick user-friendly interface' has verged you onto retardedness.
Quote by me_llamo_juan
Win7 is so much faster it's ridiculous

I use both on the same system. it's not that much faster. Not noticeable to humans.
Quote by me_llamo_juan
Win7 is so much faster it's ridiculous

Windows 7 is pretty much Vista with a pretty new face. They haven't really improved the core speed of it too much, it still eats up a lot of RAM, and it still sucks, but they did greatly improve the speed of the interface (opening windows, resizing, minimizing, etc) to make it appear faster to the average user. In reality, it's not a large difference.

I'd still recommend the update though. It is better than vista, just not as much as people make it out to be.

btw, never do an upgrade. Always erase your windows partition and start over from scratch. The difference in stability and speed is unbelievable.
Quote by GaijinFoot
so, in a thread that asks if it's worth upgrading to a newer version on Windows for free, you recommend he spend money on a £1000 new computer?

I think Mac's 'slick user-friendly interface' has verged you onto retardedness.

Eloquent

Quote by me_llamo_juan

No one cares that you like boys.

More vulgar, but even mor eloquent. for you both.
Quote by me_llamo_juan
To me it is. Vista would take a few minutes to load up my desktop. Win7 takes a matter of seconds.

how fresh is the vista installation? having 90 programs and having loads of hidden start up apps obviously hurts the performance.
If you check out the real, scientific benchmarks for the performance you'll see they're not different at all and W7 lags on a few things here and there.

Not saying 7 is bad. I'm just saying whoever paid to upgrade after Vista just got completely raped while at the same time smiling and loving it.
Quote by LordBishek
Eloquent

More vulgar, but even mor eloquent. for you both.

It was my genuine opinion.
You recommended a new computer in a thread about an upgrade. What was I suppose to think? You're obviously not very sharp.
Quote by GaijinFoot
how fresh is the vista installation? having 90 programs and having loads of hidden start up apps obviously hurts the performance.
If you check out the real, scientific benchmarks for the performance you'll see they're not different at all and W7 lags on a few things here and there.

Not saying 7 is bad. I'm just saying whoever paid to upgrade after Vista just got completely raped while at the same time smiling and loving it.

That's nice.

Anyone who has actually gone from Vista to Windows 7 care to comment? I'm thinking about asking for Windows 7 for Christmas. Was there any noticable change in performance going from Vista to W7?
Quote by GaijinFoot
It was my genuine opinion.
You recommended a new computer in a thread about an upgrade. What was I suppose to think? You're obviously not very sharp.

No no, I wasn't being sarcastic. I was agreeing with you wholeheartedly
Upgrading from Vista to 7 is a no-brainer.

XP to 7 is more complicated... although I've encountered a lot of XP-diehards who are the so-called "dinosaur fanboys," the ones who refuse to give up their old operating system simply because it's old and is thus somehow better than anything else there is.
Quote by Diet_coke_head
I love taking a nice dip of some horse shit, so good.
i got windows 7. i find it a lot more stable than vista but honestly its not a whole lot different. its worth it if you use your computer a lot though.
7 is really not that big of an improvement over Vista. The changes are about as "dramatic" as OSX10.5 to 10.6. Most people who claim it is "sooo much better" are under a placebo effect. If you aren't really experienced in setting up OS's, then it's not worth hassle.

Quote by GaijinFoot

Yep. Their upgrade price is appalling.
Last edited by Xiaoxi at Dec 6, 2009,
Page 1 of 2