As most of you know, the Holiday season is coming up and i thought while i was buying a guitar for a friend of mine then i might as well treat myself. I'm planning on buying a double-kick pedal for my drums and also a Boss RC2 Loop station. I've done some research on it but there are some aspects that I'm not understanding.

I want to use my amps distortion so would that mean I'd have to plug it into the amp's effects loop? Also, if you could tell me really anything about the pedal that'd be great. I'm going to need first hand experience with it, so I'm gonna have to test it out at the guitar store. It'd still be great though if you'd just tell me anything about the pedal. Facts/tricks/anything i need to know my shit before i go in and look like an idiot.
CALL ME JOHN

MARSHALL JCM 2000 Amp head/Cab
White Synyster Custom 1/100
Rest of my rig on my profile!

Don't acknowledge right, just dwell on...

...Wrong.

This spot in Hell...

...Is where I belong
its a good pedal. I use it pretty much every day for practicing. It has a lot of preset jam tracks already on the pedal which are really nice. Definetely put it in the loop and yea i'd recommend it.
GEAR

1966 MUSTANG

valveking 112

markley tuner
Ernie Ball Wah
digitech whammy
fulltone ocd
usa big muff
boss dd7
boss rc-2

Quote by simpleben09
You sir have a mean ass rig. Have a great day.
Having owned the Boss Loop pedal I can say the Digitech Jamman is vastly superior in nearly every way.

It's only about $20-$30 more if you look around on eBay or craigslist. Definitely worth it.
Quote by )(yperX
Having owned the Boss Loop pedal I can say the Digitech Jamman is vastly superior in nearly every way.

It's only about $20-$30 more if you look around on eBay or craigslist. Definitely worth it.

Actually i'm buying from a music shop out of town, if they have both i'll check them out.
CALL ME JOHN

...Wrong.

This spot in Hell...

...Is where I belong
Ok cool.

Up to 99 separate recordings, expandable+removable memory, PC-connectivity are the main reasons I picked it over the Boss.
Quote by )(yperX
Ok cool.

Up to 99 separate recordings, expandable+removable memory, PC-connectivity are the main reasons I picked it over the Boss.

What kind of storage device for the expandable memory?
CALL ME JOHN

...Wrong.

This spot in Hell...

...Is where I belong
^it's a mini-SD if i remember correctly

i bought the rc-2 though, then i added the fs-6 footswitch...
in all honesty, the pedal is worth it as long as you get at least the fs-5 footswitch, it's a pain in the a$$ to use otherwise. The fs-6 is not necessary however.
i use it a lot, pretty fun little pedal, only boss pedal i'd get, i recommend it =)
Quote by IbanezRGS
What kind of storage device for the expandable memory?

I got one this morning actually and it uses CompactFlash memory. Mine came with 1GB card, which is plenty big for most recordings.
Taylor 410-CE
Fender Strat Mex Standard
Digitech GNX-3
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe