So i just got my first acoustic electric guitar, a Maton EA80C, but for some reason when i have it plugged in certain strings when pressing certain frets vibrate by themselves. I am assuming this is something to do with the pickup interacting with the strings. Just wondering if anyone has any ideas on what the problem is and how I can fix it.

Thanks
Also I am playing it through my electric guitar amp a VOX AD30VT. When i plug the guitar into my usb recording interface the vibration doesnt happen it is only when plugged into the amp. Is this something to do with the fact I am using an electric guitar amp as opposed to an acoustic amp?
How loud are you playing the amp? I'm assuming relatively loud since it's enough to do this.

This is just string reverberation from the intensity of each note played through the amp.

Here's an example... Play open low E. Mute the low E only. Now, notice that the other strings are vibrating. The same thing is happening because the amp adds more intensity.

The reason behind this is that the note we call E is also comprised of other overtones, which will naturally vibrate other notes at certain increments. Your amp is just amplifying the effects of this natural phenomenon.

It does not matter what kind of amp you use. It's just too loud and your guitar is sensitive to it.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
I am not playing the amp loud at all. If i play the low e and mute it the other strings arnt rining. It only happens to the string that i play. If i play the note softly it increases in sound by itself and you can see the string vibration increasing in fequency. It only happens on some strings on certain frets and only effects the string that i have picked not the others.
You might have a bad ground. I know it sounds odd when it's only certain strings and certain frets but my telecaster did the same thing because of the wiring in my house. It could be in your cable, amp, guitar or even the socket you are plugging the amp into.
I do sure love me them Gibsons boy
Thanks I will try another cable and putting the amp into a different socket and see if that helps otherwise I might just have to take the guitar back to the shop as I only just bought it new.
None of those made any difference. I am beginning to think it may be the wiring in the guitar itself.
My electric guitar works fine on the amp but strangely enough if I plug the acoustic into my usb interface the vibration doesn't happen...strange
Are you playing the amp towards your guitar? If it is, you could be feedbacking, which was my original guess. As for why it only happens on certain frets, I'm not certain. This has happened to me before as well, where certain strings would increasingly vibrate.

Also, your other strings must to be vibrating(at least slightly) if you pluck the low E and mute it. Your guitar can't defy physics. This is, of course, assuming your guitar is in tune. If it is not, it will not work.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.