Okay, so I'm looking at guitars with FR and my local guitar shop will get this guitar in for me. (the 200 FM)

http://www.espguitars.com/guitars_m.html

Is the Floyd rose special any good? Compared to an OFR is it as good and is it better than Edge III?
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD M-200FM w/Tone Zone + PAF Pro
Ibanez RG7321
Digitech Whammy IV
Digitech GSP1101
Furman M-10 LxE
Peavey 6505
ISP Decimator
Certainly better than an Edge II, at least over time (where the edge's knife edges wear down while the FR Special's don't seem to).

vs the OFR, the FR Special stacks up quite nicely considering it's so cheap. ESP-LTD use two types of Floyd Rose: 1000 series and Special. Both are ast in Korea, both have steel base plates and saddles and are cast in the same way using the exact same type of machine as the OFRs (which are cast in Germany). The only real difference is the FR Special has a slimmer zinc sustain block; the FR 1000 has a full sized steel sustain block, just like the OFR has (at least it does now; some older ones didn't). Since there is nothign hand crafted about OFRs, there's no reason for the FR-1000 to be any worse than an OFR and the FR Special is exactly the same if you replace the sustain block with a full size steel one. There's really no reason to doubt either of them.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
really the Floyd rose special is perfectly fine!!
If you are worried about tone, just
get a TONE PROS thru body bridge guitar
Ibanez AEL10E BLK- W/ Graph Tech Nut, Saddle and Pins
Duncan Woody XL Pickup w/ stock fishman EQ

Schecter C1+ Darksunburst w/ SH-4 (N) & SH-6 (B) 24.75"
Gain boost Switch
11-14-21w-38w-49w-60w D'Addario strings
ENGL Fireball+Savage+Vader Cab
Well i just bought an LTD MH-250 QM and so far it's pretty stable Just make sure where the string goes into the bridge to keep the little blocks tight. My string popped out. Twice but I got it tightened properly and now it's perfect And I haven't heard anything bad about it either. THe only thing was previously mentioned is the sustain block
Quote by Sguit
there is two main steps:

1. use google
2. repeat the first step