what should i use?
it is unfinished and its a bit messy.

thanks
Ibanez sz720fm,Ibbly RG350DX, Custom Tele-> Dunlop 535Q->RAT Pro co II-> Ibanez Fuzz->Marshall Haze 40.
Tascam US-800 and a hand full of Mics into Nedundo 4

my music, new recording on the way in 2014

[B]insert witty italicized quote here
GHS fast fret kit. cleans necks and strings. and it wont have cause issue on unfinished necks.
People in the pit take my post way too seriously.

MyAnimeList
7-String Legion

If you have a question PM me and I will always get back to you.
lemon oil.
*lust list*
Vox tone lab
Vox ac50
satchurator
satches time machine
vintage phase 90
Money towards this gear = $0.00

Quote by Doctor Matthews
Yeah I dreamt I was fighting Master Hand, but then I woke up to realize I was jackin' it in my sleep.
I think you should finish it after you clean it, unless you're into the feel or whatever. Even then, an oil finish feels just like raw wood.
Bari Build

_\_\ll/_/_
__\ _ /__
___ \/ ___

No, do not put lemon oil on maple necks. How bad is it? Is it really dirty? Maple necks with just an oil finish are supposed to look played and a bit dirty, thats sweat and it seals the wood and makes it baby smooth and fast. Got a photo?

edit:

^ Feels like raw wood? You've never played a good one have you?
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
Quote by DSOTM80
No, do not put lemon oil on maple necks. How bad is it? Is it really dirty? Maple necks with just an oil finish are supposed to look played and a bit dirty, thats sweat and it seals the wood and makes it baby smooth and fast. Got a photo?

edit:

^ Feels like raw wood? You've never played a good one have you?

bet he hasn't.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Maple, regardless of finish (since it's never used truly unfinished) should be cleaned simply with a dry, inkless microfibre cloth. Of course this won't shift really large marks, but ideally you should never let large deposits build up in the first place. Wipe the fretboard down each time you play it, or at least once every couple of days even if the guitar goes unplayed for a while. Don't use any form of liquids when cleaning it because int he case of hard finished maple necks (which the vast majority of maple necks are) you can very easily stain it or actually damage the surface of the finish, and on simply oiled necks it's just not a good idea to introduce it to any extra moisture.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
In maple neck are you meaning the fretboard
or the actual neck itself?
Ibanez AEL10E BLK- W/ Graph Tech Nut, Saddle and Pins
Duncan Woody XL Pickup w/ stock fishman EQ

Schecter C1+ Darksunburst w/ SH-4 (N) & SH-6 (B) 24.75"
Gain boost Switch
11-14-21w-38w-49w-60w D'Addario strings
ENGL Fireball+Savage+Vader Cab