What's up guys, I'm new to the U-G forums and this is my first post. W00t! Okay, so my parents want to get me a nice guitar for Xmas, but I cant decide between the Ibanez RG350MYE and the Schecter Omen 6 Extreme FR ($500 limit). I need to know which guitar has higher output and more sustain for solos and stuff... And which has a nicer Trem. I really can't decide which I want...
You need to try them out. A lot of people don't like Schecter necks. Ibanez necks are thin and flat on the other hand.

I'd go for the Ibanez RG350MYE. However, make sure you know what you're getting into with a floating tremolo setup.
Ibanez RGT42DX
Vox AC30C2
Digitech Whammy (FOR SALE!)
Dunlop GCB-95F Crybaby
Boss DD-20
Boss SD-1
Ibanez TS9DX
MXR M-108 10 Band EQ
The Schecter has the more reliable trem, both have pretty mediocre pickups though. Also they're very different feeling guitars, you can't go off anybody's opinion on which will feel better. You need to get out and try them for yourself (in the case of the Ibanez, any RG3xx guitar will feel like any other) before make a decision.

Personally, if it had to be between those two guitars, I'd have the Ibanez. The Wizard II neck is fast and comfortable while the maple fretboard is great to look at and nice to play over.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
I would try 'em out but no music stores anywhere near me have schecters and out of the four or five I have been to, none had the Ibanez 350MYE. Yaaa, I think Im gonna get the Ibanez. My only complaint about it is that the bright yellow finish doesn't really match the music I'll be playing (metal, grindcore, etc) even if it does claim to be a "metal" guitar. Theeaaankss...
Is this more metal?
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...