Well Pit, here is my problem.
I got a laptop over the summer w/ Vista, and that qualified me to get a free copy of 7. Fast-forward to today, when I get around to installing it. The process goes smoothly, no glitches or errors. I'm looking forward to being able to use it when *BAM* BSOD right after log in. Figuring it was a one-off, I tried again. It's happening consistently, and I'm at a loss. It won't boot in safe mode, but it shouldn't be a hardware issue (or at least a compatibility one) since the Upgrade Advisor said I was fine, and my specs are much higher than needed.
After googling the error message (which escapes me atm) all I came up with was a graphics card problem, and advice it might be from incompatible virtual machines. So, does anyone have any idea what is going on? Could it be from my installation/dual boot of Ubuntu? I can't access my schoolwork, which I need desperately. I'm taking it in to my local comp store tomorrow, but any advice would be great.

EDIT: The error code is system_service_exception
Quote by :Vicious--
how did u guys get from pit flags to mace windu raping kids using an ice cream truck

Quote by -Vogel-
"Don't touch my buttsecks"
Last edited by guitar999111 at Dec 6, 2009,
I'll try that if I don't get any useful responses here. Thanks.
EDIT: Eh can't hurt to ask you guys.
how did u guys get from pit flags to mace windu raping kids using an ice cream truck

Quote by -Vogel-
Last edited by guitar999111 at Dec 6, 2009,
thats why you buy a mac.
Originally posted by arrrgg
When my grandpa comes over to visit, after his shower, he walks around naked to dry off
I quoted you in the other thread. I have some advice.

try this.
Boot with the cd in, start the CD's repair and get to the command board bit. I can't remember the exact way but it's pretty straight forward. Just follow the breadcrums.

Then, when you are there and can type freely type in dskchk or chkdsk (can never remember)
It's repair the disk and in my experience solves problems 50% of the time.

Let me know how it worked out if you try it.
Been in Japan since August, no fucking money left!
Quote by Dirge Humani
Case-in-point.

I thought Ubuntu would help.

Quote by -Vogel-
Quote by Led man32
thats why you buy a mac.

Because Macs NEVER have problems of ANY sort, ever...
Quote by Diet_coke_head
I love taking a nice dip of some horse shit, so good.
^ Did I say that no...

Because macs have far fewer problems and a more stable operating system than Vista or 7.
Originally posted by arrrgg
When my grandpa comes over to visit, after his shower, he walks around naked to dry off
Quote by Led man32
thats why you buy a mac.

Constructive advice or GTFO, plz.

Advising someone to buy an expensive Mac AFTER they've already got a machine is the height of stupidity, and NOT constructive unless they're actively looking to buy a new machine. That's your mind taking a dump right there, pal, and you just let it happen in public.

TS, Dirge_humani already gave you the most constructive advice you'll find here - likely this thread will sink unless you keep bumping it before one of the computer thread regs see it. If you bump, that's against the rules. Post in that thread, and be patient, the advice is helpful, and worth the wait.
Quote by guitar999111
Well Pit, here is my problem.
I got a laptop over the summer w/ Vista, and that qualified me to get a free copy of 7. Fast-forward to today, when I get around to installing it. The process goes smoothly, no glitches or errors. I'm looking forward to being able to use it when *BAM* BSOD right after log in. Figuring it was a one-off, I tried again. It's happening consistently, and I'm at a loss. It won't boot in safe mode, but it shouldn't be a hardware issue (or at least a compatibility one) since the Upgrade Advisor said I was fine, and my specs are much higher than needed.
After googling the error message (which escapes me atm) all I came up with was a graphics card problem, and advice it might be from incompatible virtual machines. So, does anyone have any idea what is going on? Could it be from my installation/dual boot of Ubuntu? I can't access my schoolwork, which I need desperately. I'm taking it in to my local comp store tomorrow, but any advice would be great.

EDIT: The error code is system_service_exception
i replied to this exact same question.
Sent from my iPad.