i need some advice, so many people boost there amps yeah, with like maxon OD's or Ibanez TS's, but then people say it takes the chunk out of your sound and takes away low end, which is true? i havent got a chance to try out any as of yet as my amps at tech getting retubed and modded
Gear List:
Guitars:
Schecter C7 Hellraiser
Jackson JS20 Dinky
Ibanez MTM1 (Slipknot Signature)
Amps:
Peavey 6505+ Head (with Grill Mod)
Cab and Effects:
Orange PPC412(BLK)
Boss NS-2 Noise Supressor
Yes. Anything you add to your chain (being anything between your guitar and your amp) will decrease your tone. It's just the nature of the beast.

But there are ways around it. You can buy buffers and loop switchers which buffer individual (or multiple, depending on how you've got your chain rigged) pedals that preserves more of your tone, because there is always an amount of tone loss, always.

That's why people will also pay loads of money on cables to preserve their tone from tone loss and frequency interception.

But generally speaking, most pedals "tone suck" is minimum. You can get away with having 3 or 4 pedals in your chain (unless they are just really tone sucky). Most tone purists just buffer them.

Here's a loop switcher.
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Carl-Martin-Octa-Switch-Guitar-Effects-Switching-System?sku=152013
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society

well why do people all boost there amps, for eg, the 6505, same amp as me, plenty of gain, why do people turn down the cnannel gain and boost it with a pedal if it takes away chug and low end, when as a metal guitarists thats ultimately what you want..
Gear List:
Guitars:
Schecter C7 Hellraiser
Jackson JS20 Dinky
Ibanez MTM1 (Slipknot Signature)
Amps:
Peavey 6505+ Head (with Grill Mod)
Cab and Effects:
Orange PPC412(BLK)
Boss NS-2 Noise Supressor
Quote by jamesy_pwd
well why do people all boost there amps, for eg, the 6505, same amp as me, plenty of gain, why do people turn down the cnannel gain and boost it with a pedal if it takes away chug and low end, when as a metal guitarists thats ultimately what you want..

Because for lead playing, you don't want chug and low end, you want crispness and clarity!
Set up your heavy rhythm tone as normal and then add a boost to give your solo tone a bit more balls.