I need to get a small practice amp and I wanted to get some outside opinions before I make the purchase. I have $100 to spend although I can go slightly over if needed.

I've looked at the following amps...

Vox Pathfinder 15R
Roland Cube 15x
Marshall MG10
Fender Frontman 25R

...and I'm not really sold on any of them.

What I'm looking for is decent sound quality distorted or clean. I don't gig so I do not care how loud the amp gets. I don't really stick to playing one specific genre so a versatile amp would be a plus. Extra effects/features would be nice but I don't expect a whole lot at this price range.

I'd go check 'em out personally the but local Guitar Center only has the MG10 in stock and is quite a drive that I honestly don't feel like making.
Crap...wasn't paying attention. If a mod could move this over to the gear forum I'd really appreciate it.
try the 15 watt peavey vypyr, its definately better than the marshall mg, not sure about the others, seeing as i havent played them yet, but you get pretty accurate recreations of sounds from amps ranging from fenders to the peavey 6505 and XXX to deizels and kranks, plus about 11 or more effects that you can edit to sound exactly how ya want, its pretty beast for the price, which is about 88 bucks(U.S.) at my local guitar center, idk if its a different price at others tho
gear: schecter damien 6 fr, epiphone sg 310, marshall mg100dfx , peavey acoutic (no clue what model), ovation celebrity cc44 acoustic, rocktron silver drago distortion, rocktron banshee talk box, dunlop cry baby 535q
Thank you kind sir.

Quote by matthew66613
try the 15 watt peavey vypyr, its definately better than the marshall mg, not sure about the others, seeing as i havent played them yet, but you get pretty accurate recreations of sounds from amps ranging from fenders to the peavey 6505 and XXX to deizels and kranks, plus about 11 or more effects that you can edit to sound exactly how ya want, its pretty beast for the price, which is about 88 bucks(U.S.) at my local guitar center, idk if its a different price at others tho

I'll look into it...although it figures that the local Guitar Center doesn't have it in stock either.
Last edited by djxer0 at Dec 6, 2009,