I've been doing my own solo music project which involves me playing a korg and singing over drum beats made with a computer, the problem is that I can't really bring my computer to a venue. Does anyone know of any good drum machines that I could buy for under 300 dollars CDN? I've heard of the Alesis SR-16 but I heard it was made in 1990 so it's probably outdated.
Ever consider getting a laptop and working with midi drums? Fruity loops, logic, or reason would all be good for drum tracks. Plus, you could get a cheap midi keyboard and use that as well with synths from the program to mix things up a bit.

But if your set on a drum machine, anything from Roland is great quality, just cant think of prices off the top of my head. Might not be in your price range. This post has probably been of no use to you, so my apologies =\
You can take a computer to a venue if you want, sounds very wicked to me, haha
I've been thinking of just using a software program with a drum machine installed on a laptop, anyone know of any really good programs with drum machines?
FL studio is amazing, and you can use multiple drum machine vsts. Like EZdrummer, and it has an FPC plugin that works like a regular drum machine, and you have control over what midi's you put into it. It's pretty nice.
the Best drum machine VSTi on the market is NI Battery 3 (though it is a tad pricey) if you go that route I suggest getting a Korg nanoPad, it's a little mini pad controller for MIDI drums and it's like $60, which is especially awesome considering that it works really well.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
FL studio, and...

Quote by Kid_Thorazine
I suggest getting a Korg nanoPad, it's a little mini pad controller for MIDI drums and it's like $60, which is especially awesome considering that it works really well.

This.