I know there's a beginner's thread, but I didn't see anything on this in the quick scan I did... (that thread's HUGE... time to trim that phat thing)

I'm looking for some easy beginner songs/pieces that are in the Key of C (Maj), using only C, F, & G. If it is possible, please no finger picking, or other "fancy" work.
I would like it to be rock/metal if possible, and staying away from christain music.

If there's already a thread that has a bunch of these, then please link me to the page. Though I haven't found anything on this...

Edit:

I'm thinking more a "standard strummer" (my words). Like just CCCCFFFFCCCGGC sorta thing or something, but more interesting than just that, lol. Like what is found in a lot of christian music, but I am not looking for anything christian lmao.
"grateful is he who plays with open fingers" - Me

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

DO NOT CLICK HERE!
Last edited by Outside Octaves at Dec 6, 2009,
Anything blues
A lot of rock is based off of I IV V progressions too.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
Quote by food1010
Anything blues
A lot of rock is based off of I IV V progressions too.

Try ZZ Top, they have a lot of songs in C.
Between the velvet lies, there's a truth as hard as steel.
The vision never dies, life's a neverending wheel.
with karate i kick your a$$ - tenacious d (i dont know the real name, but youll know it if youve ever listened to the first album) I dont know keys and what not, but its like C, F, G, E.
Chord practice, and more immediately practice in picking apart a song. Being able to tell what is what, u know?

And I'm not good/creative at this point.
"grateful is he who plays with open fingers" - Me

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

DO NOT CLICK HERE!
Last edited by Outside Octaves at Dec 11, 2009,