ok so.. wen i bought my first bigger amp i bought a 75watt spider 3(yea i figured out not the best choice but hey the r not completely terrible)... and now i wanna upgrade to a nice tube amp... i want a tube amp that i can do small to medium gigs with but i also dont want to spend a small fortune.... i want one i can get nice cleans but i want it to get real heavy if i need it... the heavy is not as incredibly important as the cleans because i am eventually going to start a peddle collection and buy a peddle board and all that jazz but i want the distortion to be decent enough to suffice while i fund raise... ideas??
Quote by bokma
I've heard good things about Mesa Boogie amps. Maybe look into the Mesa Boogie Lonestar or Stilleto?

so much for his budget. if your on a budget check out the blackstar ht-5.
The Peavey 6505 112 combo is dirt cheap and pretty good, the distortion is awesome but the cleans aren't anything special. I think that a Bugra 6262 has very nice cleans and bone-crushing distortion, and is all in all a very good amp, so it's worth checking out... and then there's the Peavey Valveking. I'ts got really, really good cleans and it's got very good build quality, but, unfortunantely, the amp can't do modern metal by itself, it'll need a distortion pedal for that... go check these out somewhere and see what you think.
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez SV5470F, Ibanez Xpt700, Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster ('04-'05), Jackson Ps-2
Ashton AG200,
Amps: ENGL E530, Bugera 6262-212,
FX: TC Electronics G-major 2, Behringer EQ700, Morley Volume / Wah
Bugera 6262
Peavey 6505 combo
Most (used) Mesa combos
Peavey Classic 30 (with pedals)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401 (used)

That should start you off, try all these out. Most aren't over $600 (Mesa may be a bit over on some models).
Why are you guys suggesting 6505 when he said cleans are more important?

I say classic 30 with a boost.
Quote by 23:50 inbleach
can't i just eat the fucking cactus?

Quote by WildChicken
Go suck a cat westdyolf!

Quote by Cat Of Pain
So, West...

I hear you'll suck my cat...

Ill suck your cat
PEACE LOVE PANCAKES
call me zach

chocolate chip pancakes!
hmmm... would it be worth spending a lil more to buy a really good stack then to buy one thats pretty good with alot of pedals??
Quote by kiaba94
hmmm... would it be worth spending a lil more to buy a really good stack then to buy one thats pretty good with alot of pedals??

Don't get a stack unless you're sure you want to lug it everywhere, which you REALLY don't.

Really, a combo would do just fine, I would suggest a Mesa Nomad or a Peavey Classic 30. Fenders would work well for cleans, but they don't handle stuff like Necrophagist or Cannibal Corpse all that well. Marshalls are really Jack-of-all-Trades kind of amps, great for almost anything.
Quote by kiaba94

First, you can't gig with an HT-5 so don't get that.

Second, what is the absolute MAX you would like to spend on an amp? tell us that and we can give you the best recommendations.
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...
Quote by elth7771
peavey 6505+ good cleans and theres no need for pedals

i wouldnt stretch it to GOOD, maybe passable cleans, but not GOOD.

i still stand with my Classic 30 and a few dirt pedals.
Quote by 23:50 inbleach
can't i just eat the fucking cactus?

Quote by WildChicken
Go suck a cat westdyolf!

Quote by Cat Of Pain
So, West...

I hear you'll suck my cat...

Ill suck your cat
PEACE LOVE PANCAKES
call me zach

chocolate chip pancakes!
well... my max of right now is i want it to be less than 700.. but if i hav to spend a lil bit more so i dont hav to buy a new amp in a couple years so be it.. but keep in mind i dont hav a source of income for a couple more months so any amap i buy i wont be getting immediatly... so i do hav time to just save anything i get... i hav about 85 saved as of right now..
first what type of music do you play?
second what is your budget?
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win
best thing ive read all day

[feel free to sig this statement]

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55
Crate V33
Jca20H
Ibanez tubescreamer ts9
Keeley ds-1
ok well... i play mostly heavier stuff but i love clean and jus barely crunchy bluesy type stuff too... so i really need an amp that i can get pretty much any tone out of... i am will to buy a distortion pedal or anything i need but the amp has to be good enough to suffice while save for the pedal or anything i might need... i am hoping to spend under 700 but if i cant get a really nice tube amp i can gig with for that i can spend a lil more... i just really want something that i will love and that will last..