What is this Gibson Maestro stuff that's coming out now...? How is it any different from Epiphone?
much cheaper, both in construction and materials. i'm sure there are a few "medium" range models somewhere, but for the most part these are the types of electric guitars you see for sale in target, walmart, and toys r us.
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
Yeah, super cheap plywood stuff made in china to be sold in non-music stores to people who don't know any better.
a plywood guitar ?? that can't be good
Ibanez AEL10E BLK- W/ Graph Tech Nut, Saddle and Pins
Duncan Woody XL Pickup w/ stock fishman EQ

Schecter C1+ Darksunburst w/ SH-4 (N) & SH-6 (B) 24.75"
Gain boost Switch
11-14-21w-38w-49w-60w D'Addario strings
ENGL Fireball+Savage+Vader Cab
Why would Gibson do this...? That is disappointing... I guess they can make a good bit more money, especially around christmas time with some cheap crap like that... Maybe it will make me feel better about my Epi LP custom, though!
Quote by wamguy89
Why would Gibson do this...?
I love the common misconception that any company with a serious heritage is somehow above making money.

Quote by wamguy89
Maybe it will make me feel better about my Epi LP custom, though!
Your Epiphone is what your Epiphone is. The existence of Maestro doesn't make Epiphone a better brand.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...