i am friends with bandmates we got along great and all but should i be worried if im not the bestest of buddies with them? the other three of them (its a four soon to be five man band) hang out all the time because theyve know each other for a long time and i just met them last year.

Should i worried if i dont get invited to hang out with them other then band practice?

████████████████████

███████████████████████
███████████████████████

█████████████████████

███████████████████████

█████████████████████

█████████████████████

███████████████████

█████████████████████

████████████████████
bands are about the music not friend ship

lets take metallica for example do you think any of them are friends with lars
My band hangs out as a whole very seldom outside of rehearsals a few beer afterwards and at shows and afterwards.Im pretty much the only person linking the other three together, I was friends with all of them and brought us all together to play. so naturally we all have our other sets of friends and nothings wrong with it, hell it could even be a good thing at times. Its less baggage to be drawn into the band and fewer hurt feelings
Some bands do hang out all the time and others don't, you don't have to hang out with them all the time. As long as you are all getting along then it should be fine. There are people in my band that I have absolutely no contact with, all communication goes through our bassist, I only see the guitarist at practice for a few hours and then don't see or speak with them until next practice.
Should you be worried? Of course not, if you get along there's no problem. But if you want to be better friends with them, make an effort. try inviting them to do something.

I became best friends with the singer through our music... we hang out alll the time. however neither of us hang out with the drummer that often outside of practice. we totally should though. he's a cool guy.
Maybe... it's dangerous though.

I fell out big with my bands mates not long ago because we had problems with the band and that kind of led to us having nasty arguments.
Quote by the_white_bunny
your just a simpleton that cant understand strategy apparently.

Quote by the_white_bunny
all hail king of the penis sucking(i said balls. you said dick for some reason?) Isabiggles
I'm friends with all of my band mates. I've known the singer of one of my bands since I was like 4. He's one of my best friends. We hang out all the time, but not always as a whole band. I think that if you're friends with eachother, then you'll click better as musicians, and be able to compromise better.
Like punk the way it used to be? Deranged Youth Its like what Warped Tour should be!

Want to hear something mind-blowing? Pit O' Bodies Its like an amateur hypnotist plus the Spanish Inquisition!
That was a problem I had with my bandmates until recently. Just give it time man, after playing together for a while its inevitable that you'll all become closer friends.
Defender of the Llama
My band hangs out with eachother before shows and when we're taking breaks during practice, and we drink and swim at the hotels we stay at. I consider them my best friends. I figure it's better to spend time doing what you love with people you enjoy being around rather than making it feel like you're going to work.
I find if you're already friends with the people in the band, it degrades into people just hanging out and doing nothing. It's better to find people who are serious with music that you get along with rather than your bestest buddies coz they're the bestest.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
Quote by AlanHB
I find if you're already friends with the people in the band, it degrades into people just hanging out and doing nothing. It's better to find people who are serious with music that you get along with rather than your bestest buddies coz they're the bestest.

yeah, no bff crap... that's just ****in gay