hey im gonna buy an acoustic, and its my first one (but i aint beginner) and i saw this Applause by Ovation AE35? i believe, anyways it looked pretty cool to me, and the reviews were pretty good, i was wondering if you guys have had any experience with it and if you have whats it like?
The rusted chains of prison moons, are shattered by the sun. i walk a road, horizons change, the tournaments begun. the purple piper plays his tune, the choir softly sing, three lullabies in an ancient tongue, for the court of the crimson king.
I have one it's alright I got it for playing stuff like ska riffs, and such sounds much better plugged in. Wouldn't really recommend them but if you like it you like it man just not my style I guess
I do sure love me them Gibsons boy
oh wait no its not an AE35 its an AA21, i think
The rusted chains of prison moons, are shattered by the sun. i walk a road, horizons change, the tournaments begun. the purple piper plays his tune, the choir softly sing, three lullabies in an ancient tongue, for the court of the crimson king.
Applause is Ovations lowest level. If you like the Ovation look, feel and sound, I would suggest going a little further up the line to an actual Ovation, like a Celebrity. You could also find good used Ovation USA builts in your local Craigslist.

What is your budget?
--- Joe ---
77 Bradley LPC || 07 PRS CE22 || 11 PRS MC58 Artist || 95/02 Fender Strat || 99 Gibson LP DC Std Lite
06 Ovation Elite-T || 12 Martin GPCPA4
Boss GT100 || Peavey Stereo Chorus 400 || Peavey Bandit 75 || Roland JC77
my budget is like 200$ possssssibly more but if more, not much
For $200, go for a Yamaha FG700S. You'll get a solid top, which is a very important part when it comes to sound. I really wouldn't suggest an Applause or even low end Ovation for that matter, although the high end USA made ones are of acceptable quality, but far out of your price range even if you buy used.

Check out this thread for some tip and hints for buying guitars. https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1233360
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
It's not such a bad guitar for the price. I had mine for quite a while (AE28). The sound isn't as full as some other guitars out there but it sounds decent plugged in. If you can go a bit more though, I would get a Celebrity as they sound a good amount better. That said, for what I paid for my Applause, I have absolutely no complaints and still play it today (years later).

As for the Yamaha suggestion above, may I also suggest Takamine G340SC - really nice sounding guitar - solid top as well but a bit more than the Yamaha (and not Acoustic-Electric like the Applause).

Either way, see if you can try out the guitars before you make a decision. As much as anyone can tell you, it all comes down to personal preference.
Aliens do exist. They're just waiting for Chuck Norris to die before they attack.

C4C - Songwriting and Lyrics

- Hung Up on You -
- Apathy Unending -
Last edited by FueLsTp at Dec 8, 2009,
I'd recommend the Yamaha. Yamaha makes rather nice low end guitars. If you can, its best to try out some guitars in your price range. Takamine is another good brand of low end guitars you should try out.
┌─┬──┬──┬──┬──┬──┬──┬──┬─┐
├─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬┤
├┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┤
Ultimate Guitar Set Up Q&A Thread─┤
├─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬┤
├┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┤
├┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┤
└─┴──┴──┴──┴──┴──┴──┴──┴─┘