Alright for starters my rig is currently:

A Gibson Special Faded SG (Modded heavily)
with a Peavy Classic 30, now i love this set up for a lower overdrive tone, like for blues and stuff like that, but when I wanna get really gritty and really heavy or just down right raunchy for leads or rhythm, I can't seem to push myself that far. Anyone got any suggestions of a pedal that'll throw me over the edge? I'm not looking for like a screamo metal pedal, but maybe something like the Brown Sound Pedals. I'm semi-curious as to whether or not they are worth it.

Bottom LINE:

What pedal would go good with my rig to give me that tone that sends you balls over board for heavier stuff?

(More Halen, Zeppelin, stuff i mean)
so you basically want something that will push your sound just a little more overdriven, more defined right? id look into using a pedal like a TubeScreamer as a boost, or similar.
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
I have Ze modified Tubescreamer!
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...
Wampler Pinnacle is a brown sound pedal. Hard to beat that if you want the brown sound out of a pedal if you ask me.
I have a huge fear if rays.
Quote by ChrisBW
Wampler Pinnacle is a brown sound pedal. Hard to beat that if you want the brown sound out of a pedal if you ask me.

+1.
Fender 1996 Floyd Rose Standard Stratocaster
Epiphone SG G-400

Laney TT50-112

Ibanez Weeping Demon
Marshall RG-1 Regenerator
Electro-Harmonix/Sovtek (Black) Big Muff Pi

Visit my site for some FREE RE-AMPING! http://www.wix.com/reamps/reamp
Mad Professor sweet Honey overdrive. It'll drop your deuce for you.

Try adding a little more treble as well.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by nightraven
the sweet honey and the honey bee aren't really plexi-distortion pedals. they're much more like maxed out fenders

the whampler pinnacle is the king of brown sound pedals on a budget

It depends on how you dial in the pedal. It sounds pretty different when you change the settings, especially the Focus knob. I was very fond of the more overdriven settings, which I found very Marshallesque.

My ears can be wrong though.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.